• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    anyone who disagrees with this concept won’t mind if I have poor muzzle discipline at the range, right.
    ok to sweep you if I know it’s not loaded? Or if it is loaded, that if I shoot you it would be purely accidental; unlikely, and probably survivable?

To be a truly valid analogy, it would have to be a cap gun or a super soaker

abnk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    I'll wear one if required for work, otherwise I don't and won't. I'm not responsible for the health and safety of others (any longer) and it I don't believe 330 million people should be inconvenienced for the sake of the few who are high risk. I also don't care what anyone else thinks about my lack of a mask, anyone making a remark will get a finger in response as I go about my day. I spent 26 years serving others, being restricted on what I could/could not say or do. I made my bones and I'm done, no apologies. If you're high risk and believe the BS then stay home and have others do your bidding, forcing everyone to help protect "you" doesn't seem to be a bother, why would it be troubling to have someone else do everything else as well?

At this point, if the media "reports" it or anyone I even remotely suspect is a liberal is panicking about it I won't be playing along. If it kills me, it kills me. At least i won't have to be around to watch the ****ing **** show this country has become though the thought of missing the opportunity to uphold the oath I've taken multiple times is kind of a bummer.

This post was not directed at anyone in particular.

Nice, and concur.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    anyone who disagrees with this concept won’t mind if I have poor muzzle discipline at the range, right.

ok to sweep you if I know it’s not loaded? Or if it is loaded, that if I shoot you it would be purely accidental; unlikely, and probably survivable?

That doesn't work because their disagreement is based on a belief that masks aren't gonna help. If you want to change minds, try establishing trust, and then make a compelling argument, and then accept the likelihood that most minds won't change.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Wife told me about the mask thing when I got home from work. I told her to start stocking up heavy again, as lock down won't be far behind. Figure big/social media will scream it into existence about the time kids would be going back to school. This time it will run until the elections.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Wife told me about the mask thing when I got home from work. I told her to start stocking up heavy again, as lock down won't be far behind. Figure big/social media will scream it into existence about the time kids would be going back to school. This time it will run until the elections.

That may be true. When the mask thing doesn't do it the natural knee jerk will be the shutdown.

jaymark6655

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2018
    Bloomington
    So is a mask mandate legal? Can he really make that a Class B misdemeanor without passing a law?

Not sure if this has been posted, but I haven't seen any science to show that this is a good idea. I have seen quite a bit showing that it does nothing or is actually bad for you.
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4420971/

Mask mainly work on inhale, using the negative pressure to seal around the edges and filtering your incoming air. Viruses are too small to be filtered. On exhale the mask vent around the edges, which is why your glasses fog up. The air isn't filtered on exhale which is the current argument for wearing them. "Your mask is to protect others, not you."

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Didn't Holcomb just say less than a week ago there would be NO mask mandates in Indiana?

******* jellyfish spine RINOs.

Not sure if this has been posted, but I haven't seen any science to show that this is a good idea. I have seen quite a bit showing that it does nothing or is actually bad for you.

There is zero evidence supporting mask mandates that is not less than 2 months old. Tells you all you need to know. It's all political, this is about keeping people enraged at and fighting with each other instead of resisting the government.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    oof. South Korea with only 297 deaths. They wear masks right?

Norway has even less deaths, at 255, but does not mandate masks. Perhaps we should jump to some other pointless correlation like Norway is almost entirely above 60° N Latitude, so the way to beat WuVid is for us all to move out of the temperate zone. Oy! :rolleyes:

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    So is a mask mandate legal? Can he really make that a Class B misdemeanor without passing a law?

Mask mainly work on inhale, using the negative pressure to seal around the edges and filtering your incoming air. Viruses are too small to be filtered. On exhale the mask vent around the edges, which is why your glasses fog up. The air isn't filtered on exhale which is the current argument for wearing them. "Your mask is to protect others, not you."
    This is a very good explanation of how masks work and seems lost in the din of all the (anti)logic.
    Most of the masks that the virtue signalers will wear are just pieces of cloth, and they suck when you suck and they suck when you blow.

Don't get me wrong, I’m not anti mask and I think they could do some good, but it is totally illogical to try to force someone that thinks this is a hoax, total bs, whatever, to ask them to help me because I want protection.
    This is the same logic as gun control laws.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Didn't Holcomb just say less than a week ago there would be NO mask mandates in Indiana?

******* jellyfish spine RINOs.

There is zero evidence supporting mask mandates that is not less than 2 months old. Tells you all you need to know. It's all political, this is about keeping people enraged at and fighting with each other instead of resisting the government.
    So, is a way to make them lose for US TO STOP FIGHTING WITH EACH OTHER?

I mean, I’m fine with wearing a mask, or not, and “resisting the government”.

Steel and wood

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2016
    Tipton
    Now that high tax Holcomb has made mask mandatory does this mean that everything is back opened up to 100%? Being that mask are the real answer to this flu.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Norway has even less deaths, at 255, but does not mandate masks. Perhaps we should jump to some other pointless correlation like Norway is almost entirely above 60° N Latitude, so the way to beat WuVid is for us all to move out of the temperate zone. Oy! :rolleyes:
    I think it’s the Bidets. They use Bidets in Norway too. That’s a correlation twofer.

UnbeatenPath

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    I'm all for businesses deciding if they want you to wear a mask and I gladly will, however, the governor mandating it with no law passed punishable by 1 year in jail and a $1000 fine is BS. I wonder how often I'll see these out and about.
    il_794xN.2426575945_ehpf.jpg

Top Bottom