• ...and so much more!
  • ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    I don't generally worry too much about stuff like this. Our defense systems are top notch and I believe they know that attacking our land is suicide for that fleet. I might be wrong, but I can't see politics stopping a retaliation if an actual attack was launched.
    I think what BigRed may be trying to communicate (not to put words in his mouth!) is that they’re not that dumb, and we’re not that smart at the moment, and they just keep pushing and pushing and we won’t, and also there’s no room for possible biden apologists that are thin skinned around here.

Maybe.

Maybe he just really meant what he said. Never can tell with that guy.

Last edited:

Kneedeep87

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2021
    Fort wayne
    I think what BigRed may be trying to communicate (not to put words in his mouth!) is that they’re not that dumb, and we’re not that smart at the moment, and they just keep pushing and pushing and we won’t, and also there’s no room for possible biden apologists that are thin skinned around here.

Maybe.

Maybe he just really meant what he said. Never can tell with that guy.
    That's hilarious..did you just do a mild version of "your kind aren't welcome around here"..neither of you said anything about what I said and I said nothing about Biden. I made a basic claim of my lack of feeling of fear, every time any country does something that isn't an actual attack. Haha

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Just where does Biden figure in this ? Read the article, says it is planned years in advance. Maybe this is what Milley was on the phone discussing, that POS.
    He's a figure head.
    It's as though over time each of these place holders has become less capable of maintaining the facade, less so than the previous place holder.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    That's hilarious..did you just do a mild version of "your kind aren't welcome around here"..neither of you said anything about what I said and I said nothing about Biden. I made a basic claim of my lack of feeling of fear, every time any country does something that isn't an actual attack. Haha
    I think people in general are very sensitive to the fact that we appear weak right now.
    Sometimes human nature tends to be pessimistic. I’m glad for your optimism. That’s in short supply right now.
    This was the first post I remember reading of yours, so I don’t know your views, politically. And yes, it was a little bit “your kind”, with some “ifs” thrown in there. And that’s not right, all views are welcome here, but they better have thick skin.

I completely believe in our military power and prowess, or at least did. We know that many generals have been “retired” fairly recently, and we are fresh off an inexcusable pullout of Afghanistan, which was a military blunder. So I suppose some of us have reason to not be optimistic.

Kneedeep87

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2021
    Fort wayne
    I think people in general are very sensitive to the fact that we appear weak right now.
    Sometimes human nature tends to be pessimistic. I’m glad for your optimism. That’s in short supply right now.
    This was the first post I remember reading of yours, so I don’t know your views, politically. And yes, it was a little bit “your kind”, with some “ifs” thrown in there. And that’s not right, all views are welcome here, but they better have thick skin.

I completely believe in our military power and prowess, or at least did. We know that many generals have been “retired” fairly recently, and we are fresh off an inexcusable pullout of Afghanistan, which was a military blunder. So I suppose some of us have reason to not be optimistic.
    Well I appreciate you being an adult. I am pretty new here. I think those "sensitive" people you mentioned need to get the thick skin. It is a weakness to lose ability to have rational dialog when hearing or reacting to another person's opinion. It's what we mock the sjw types for. My skin is plenty thick, but the rules tell you not to be an a-hole. I think rules matter. I could have told other dude to go you know what himself but that doesn't seem to help anything. Biden anything is not "my kind". Your wording there gave me a good laugh though. I agree with pretty much everything you said. I'm generally optimistic on defenses because I've seen things like iron domes in action in footage from Israel. They're awesome! The main idea of my post was that I've seen article after article, insert country, insert line they're towing, through I believe every president. I don't get up in arms anymore. As I believe someone else said already, all major countries front on others to act big and bad when the other fronts on them. Usually in the water, pushing a don't go past here line, like this one. Kind of becomes part of the propaganda after a while, cry wolf situation. I do miss the trump threatening them days but I think "look weak" gets used as an insert for better words. Our nation is militarily stronger than all others. The line in which we act is the "look weak" people are mentioning and in this, and most cases, the "act" is just mentioning it, with a stern threat of action following(Trump style). Haha I don't think Biden can think straight long enough to threaten someone. I just don't think any country is stupid enough to think no action would be taken if the actually did something. I'm also not in the big red "sink them" camp because I don't think war with China would be "fun" and sinking one boat is pretty much declaring war.

2in1evtime

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.4%
    63   1   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    retired-midwest
    Was thinking along the lines that they me looking to see how easy it would be to steal our fisheries from us in the north west region as they have been doing around other countries!!?

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I don't generally worry too much about stuff like this. Our defense systems are top notch and I believe they know that attacking our land is suicide for that fleet. I might be wrong, but I can't see politics stopping a retaliation if an actual attack was launched.

It doesn't matter how good your defense systems are when your top general is loyal to the enemy.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    FON for one is FON for all. Let them sail where they may and buzz them with ELINT craft 24/7 to gather every tron they are emitting. Shadow them with warships. No need to mention it in the press other than to say they are there. We don't need to follow their modus operandi of acting like chicken little every time a boat goes by the coast.

If they step over the line put them on the floor of the ocean.

And no, I don't consider artificial reefs in other peoples waters to be the ChiComs territory. They are our enemies and we need to treat them as such.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I believe I edited incorrectly and posted a that read as if was aimed at you.
    That was not my intent, but I can see how it could be taken that way.
    My apologies.

Welcome to INGO!
    I had a feeling that was what happened.

Only the subject of the Civil War and the Central State spin you up that fast!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    Seems like typical tit-for-tat BS. There could be more to it and the Chicoms are a worry for me. But I've always felt that our invasion will come from the UN being invited in to help with our "humanitarian emergency", what ever that might be. If China does attack, I have little to no confidence in our countries leadership and ability to respond.

Flash-hider

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2012
    If China does attack, I have little to no confidence in our countries leadership and ability to respond.
    That's because Milley will be in D.C, waiting on a street corner, by a phone booth, waiting for a call from his Chinese counterpart telling him that it was the chicom's who blew everything up.

Top Bottom