• ...and so much more!
  • IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Or boiling oil?

Calumet River, diverted to the West to join with the Chicago R., on north of Evanston or Lake Forest and back to the Lake. Color it bright green all year 'round.

No guns go in, no refugees go out (without visas at least). :yesway:

Win-win situation.

All of the above in PURPLE OF COURSE.;)

I like it! :):

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    According to what I've read Chicago has about 13,500 sworn officers on their force. That should be more than sufficient if they're doing their jobs.

Armed-N-Ready

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    Are you guys sure about this story.

I find it hard to believe that crime could be high in a city that banned guns and is being led by such qualified caring leaders.

On the other hand, we now know why the feds bought all that SD ammo a while back.

I say pull out the law abiding citizens and let the SOBs shoot each other into oblivion.

Loco179

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    How about people in Chicago pull up their big boy pants and fix their own problem?They voted for it. I have a huge problem paying for their bad choice of leadership.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I have no doubt the late Mayor Daley would have handled this and not allowed himself to be embarrassed for this long. Obviously I am not talking about little Richie.

sentinelrepublic

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Noblesville
    I have heared, that statistically, an increased police presence does not reduce violent crime....The only thing that will work against the insects in chigago is the threat of a bullet in the head...whether it comes from free citizens armed with guns or armed troops. But there has to be the threat that you will be killed on sight if you are attempting to harm somone...If that threat is not there, A police presence wont matter. Restore gun rights back to the people or give the people martial law....

kiddchaos

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 11, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Since we've won the war on drugs we can win the war on gangs.

Maybe if we pay more taxes or vote for the other guy or give up some freedoms it'll all go away.

Sarcasm.

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    I have heared, that statistically, an increased police presence does not reduce violent crime....The only thing that will work against the insects in chigago is the threat of a bullet in the head...whether it comes from free citizens armed with guns or armed troops. But there has to be the threat that you will be killed on sight if you are attempting to harm somone...If that threat is not there, A police presence wont matter. Restore gun rights back to the people or give the people martial law....

Whats going on for the most part is a war between street gang members. Generally speaking those getting shot are gang affiliated. Most of those being portrayed as innocent victims of these shootings are in fact affiliated with gangs. The gang bangers are no longer afraid of the cops because of all the cameras the cops can't rough them up the way they used to and because there aren't enough cops to respond to their criminal activities. These gang bangers really aren't looking to rob, shoot, etc. people who are unrelated to their activities as that has little reward and will bring on much more heat from authorties.
    These gang related shootings largely go unsolved because the people in the neighborhoods will not give info and cooperate with the cops.

Where more relaxed gun laws would help is in the downtown areas where groups of thugs are now robbing and beating people where it would have been unthinkable a few years ago as well as on public transportation. Once again the lawlessness in these places is due to less police than 5 years ago. Chicago is down 3k cops from what they used to have.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    :D

But which side will Gary and East Chicago be on?

A preferable legacy that that faced by Rahm Emanuel, as he prepares to federalize law enforcement in his city (tacitly admitting that he cannot govern Chicago).

Treat them like Berlin? :dunno:

I'm kinda pissed at Chicago. We're getting into field trip age and there are some fabulous museums, but I refuse to go with two boys in tow and not be able to return fire.

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    Treat them like Berlin? :dunno:

I'm kinda pissed at Chicago. We're getting into field trip age and there are some fabulous museums, but I refuse to go with two boys in tow and not be able to return fire.

I know exactly what you mean. My girls are 9 and 5 and I don't want to take them. My wife and I used to go to Chicago about every other month. It was definitely our second city. We stopped going two years ago.

Chicago is in my territory so I have to go and I hate every minute of it. I've been avoiding it like the plaque.

Top Bottom