• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Sorry for offending everyone. I am not very mainstream. I don't watch TV whatsoever. I don't vaccinate. I don't eat processed foods. I don't trust the government. I don't go to doctors, rarely if ever.

But I'm not the only one who thinks this way. I didn't pull this out of my butt like some of you think. There is quite a large following of Holistic medicine. I suggest you read up on it before your FDA-approved Pharmaceutical Salesman tells you there is only one way to do everything. Try talking to a Holistic Doctor.

Diet alone doesn't "cure" cancer. But it can stop it from growing, and possibly give you a big energy boost and a better quality of life than you did when you ate like crap.

The cure for cancer is you. It is your immune system and attitude. G** created an amazingly complex and resilient thing when he made your immune system. If feed your body right and exercise it, you have a pretty strong chance of fighting off most any disease. Its the same concept with every single thing they have a vaccine for. The vast majority fight off those diseases with their own immune systems, if they have been taking care of them and not poisoning themselves with junk food and pharmaceuticals.

Here is a page about Holistic Cancer Treatment.

Here's a book if anyone is interested in doing some reading. Or, don't. Really doesn't change my day any. [ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/3981050207?ie=UTF8&tag=axor24com-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=3981050207"]Chemotherapy Heals Cancer and the World is Flat[/ame]

Sorry for rocking everybody's world with an alternative viewpoint. May you all live well.

Last edited:

Aggar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    Kirklin
    I think I would be hesitant to "rethink" my wife's doctor's treatment recommendation based on something I read on the internet.

Still saying prayers for your wife's recovery.

thanks. She's doing Good in therapy. Getting along pretty good.

Ogre

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Sorry for offending everyone. .
    No offense taken, I'm picking up what you're laying down.:) To those who are offended, I ask why? Why is this a taboo topic?
    I'm glad to hear so many of your positive success stories treating this horrible disease, but the opinion lacking here (for obvious reasons) is of those who did all the right things, endured the hell that is chemo, and never made it, or only lived long enough to be done with their treatments and wished they had just let nature take it's course and enjoy what they could for as long as they could. History is written by the victors, so to speak.:twocents:

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    So, I should tell my sister in law to stop radiation and chemo, because eating an orange will cure the cancer she's fighting?

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    No offense taken, I'm picking up what you're laying down.:) To those who are offended, I ask why? Why is this a taboo topic?
    I'm glad to hear so many of your positive success stories treating this horrible disease, but the opinion lacking here (for obvious reasons) is of those who did all the right things, endured the hell that is chemo, and never made it, or only lived long enough to be done with their treatments and wished they had just let nature take it's course and enjoy what they could for as long as they could. History is written by the victors, so to speak.:twocents:

I'm not super offended but I strongly disagree with the phraseology used and the analogy used.

I have lost two aunts and my Father in law to cancer, all of them were able to enjoy more time with their families and other loved ones because of the treatments they received.

Not everyone wins their battle with cancer, don't blame the weapons used for fighting the war.

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    Someday Chemotherapy will go the way of bloodletting. I do believe this.

Modernized bloodletting is still used today, ever heard of transfusions? Drain your blood, give you someone elses'.

But, I agree with your sentiment. I too believe that at some point in the future, a more effective means of treating cancer will be developed and implemented. Such is the nature of technology and medicinal science.

Kind of like the good intentions of the Billion Dollar cancer-causing/cancer-treating industry. But I digress.

Not sure I follow exactly what you mean but I can't disagree with the sentiment either. I've often wondered how many "government mandated" treatments/procedures contribute to cancer and other malady's.

I really don't trust vaccinations. Bill gates was quoted on TV as stating something along the lines of "We need to reduce the world population and we're able to do it through vaccines".:eek:

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I should start a thread:

Holistic Medicine kills!

Because my wife's grandmother decided that's how she was going to do things.

And she died as a result.

Therefore, holistic and homeopathic regimens of "medicine" are bunk.

However, just about ever. single. person in her family agrees that if she'd just gone to the doctor sooner, rather than fiddle fart around with the stuff she was, the outcome MIGHT have been different.

Skin cancer can be a b!#$*.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    homeopathic regimens of "medicine" are bunk.

QFT
    Anyone that has ever taken a science class and actually understood any of it will know how silly this one is. They put one molecule of a poison in a vat of water, then sell you a bottle of water. Snake oil at its best.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Regardless of intent, it's a poor analogy. Cancer is much more than "a flly in your kitchen" when it happens to you.

Hows that saying go? The highway to hell was paved with good intentions?

I brought this up in another thread. Are we no better than the left screaming racist every time we disagree with someone? I think a few of you here chose to pick a nit with his analogy because you don't like the main point of what he had to say, not because you "know" that he was trying to be insensitive about the severity of cancer itself.

I'll give you an example. While in high school, I saw a black girl really laying on the "Hi Mr. Mills" thick. I jokingly said brown noser to her. She responded with "Yea, I know" and I instantly felt like dirt. I apologized and told her that I didn't mean it in any racial way. She was a big enough person to know that I didn't and didn't take it that way. If she didn't like me, she could have taken my harmless jab and ran with it.

It should be clear to anyone who is trying to be remotely objective here that Rambone's intent of the analogy had nothing to do with severity of cancer and equating to something as trivial as a fly. I thought it was a rather good analogy myself and someone else added something even better by saying that if you only blow up one room, there is still probably enough house left to rebuild.

I think it's silly that you guys are trying to run with his fly analogy when you should know better or I trust you choose every word perfectly 100% of the time.

Cancer is a subject close to home for me as well. My dad got cancer about 8 years ago. He went through chemo and radiation and beat it after 2-3 years. It came back later and he chose to go through chemo again. From the horror stories I've heard of people who went through it, my dad had it made. He wasn't deathly sick like some get but even still, I think he suffered a lot through it. I watched my dad be eaten alive by his cancer for the last year of his life and he never gave up until the last few days of his life. He went from a 300# man to about 180 when he died. Watching it is definitely enough to give me pause to think about what I would do if I were in his shoes.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Not sure I follow exactly what you mean but I can't disagree with the sentiment either. I've often wondered how many "government mandated" treatments/procedures contribute to cancer and other malady's.

I really don't trust vaccinations.

There are a number of known carcinogens, poisons, & toxins in vaccines, right on the label. We are the most vaccinated society on earth, and yet we are totally ridden with non-communicable degenerative diseases; Cancers, heart-disease, arthritis, multiple sclerosis, ADHD, Alzheimer's, autism, learning-disabilities, mental-retardation, asthma, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome, and many more.

Vaccine Contents

But hey, the FDA approved it and the government wants you to do it. Their scientists say its fine. Shoot it up, and then repeat annually because it might not work if you don't become a lifetime repeat-customer. When you get cancer in a few years, we have a nice solution for that one too; poisonous chemicals straight into your vein. If you live, we have some pharmaceuticals to sell you, and a bridge in Arizona.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    I'm not a doctor, but I do know statistics and science. Based on the clinical trails, 5 year survival rates of soft tissue cancer, and research done by actual doctors, Chemo is only slightly effective (2%-3%) against most malignant tumors. Statistically, it doesn't even do a good job of preventing a cancer from metastasizing.

What it does do well is fight Lukemia, Hodgkins Disease, and testicular cancer.

The most effective treatments for soft cell cancer tumors are surgery, concentrated radiation, and chemical implants.

I don't fault anyone for reaching for that additional 2-3% chance to live longer, but just recognize it for what it is.

Also recognize that a doctor may be trying to save his backside by prescribing a drug that has such a small effectivity, in order to avoid a civil suite should things go badly.

All of the women, and two men, in my wife's family have had cancer, all were operated on, and 3 underwent chemo. They range in age from 30 to 73. My wife's grandfather died in spite of his chemo treatments from a soft cell tumor that I can't recall right now. The rest have had small cell lung cancer, breast cancer, and varying degrees of skin cancer, from basal cell up to malignant melonoma. All survivors are currently within the first 5 years post cancer treatment.

Just remember that an oncologist's tool box is rather limited. He has surgery, and he has chemo and that's about it. Some doctors have access to interferon treatment, but it isn't a popular prescription due to the same lack of effectivity. So, he's going to use all of his tools, hoping that the small chance works out this time, or that he's able to extend the patients life by any amount.

Another fun-fact... While cancer rates per 100,000 have remained relatively unchanged since they begain tracking them in the '60s, heart disease has dramatically declined. Meaning, people who previously would have died from heart disease are living long enough to now die of cancer.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    For the record, both of my parents are cancer survivors, as well as the aunt I mentioned. I posted this because I find it incredibly interesting and deadly serious. I didn't post this to make anyone feel bad about their choices, but you need to do some research. If research is bad, then I don't know what to tell you. I have posted like 10 links and 2 books in this thread to start you off with.

Also, I'm not a doctor. If I was, then I wouldn't be posting this, because I would have spent years of my life being drilled about selling prescriptions for everything from hangnails to Restless Leg Syndrome. I would have been told that this is the way we do things, and if you don't, you could be sued, or we'll pull your license for not going along with the program.

I'm not writing medical care plans here. I'm telling you to go forth and read about this incredibly serious thing you are about to do to yourself. As ATOMonkey pointed out, it has a very small chance of killing your cancer and keeping it gone. And conversely, it has a 25-40% chance of killing the patient immediately.

So do your homework. Don't chemo the messenger.

Top Bottom