• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    My grandpa died of pancreatic cancer 10 years ago. Chemo didn't help at all, made it go quicker.

Wifes grandma has breast cancer now. Given 8 months to live. She decided to do chemo anyway. She's tough and a fighter. A farm wife. This was a year and a month ago. She's off chemo now. And doing VERY well.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I will say people need to get 2nd and even 3rd opinions. nothing is dumber than putting all your eggs in one basket when it comes to your life. I was lucky to have an oncologist who wasn't pissed when I challenged his approach and actually did the leg work for me to get second and third opinions and in some cases it caused him to tweak my treatment from his norm.

Right on. Make sure the 2nd & 3rd opinions aren't parrots of the same school of thought that the 1st one was.

was that his fault? alternative medicine is relatively new in modern medicine.

Eating naturally has been around for hundreds, if not thousands of years.

and lets just be thankful he was qualified to make the right one that can allow me to type this today.:rolleyes:

I'm glad too. Honestly, I have no beef. I just wonder how many people live in spite of their chemotherapy, not because of it.

my whole beef with stupid threads like this is that unless you yourself have had cancer, chemo, etc. and gone through the process you really don't have qualifications to say what works and what doesn't. for every study on the internet or medical journal that fits your liking there are just as many to the contrary. I don't give medical advice based on things I have never had happen to me because there is know way to speak wit any sort of authority on the things your talking about unless you've been through them. it's like spouting off on the net about how you would go all rambo on someone who would try to rob you when you've never been robbed.

Look, I'm not challenging your decision or telling you that you were wrong. This is not supposed to be the final word about handling anyone's cancer. Clearly people are uninformed when it comes to alternatives, so why not post a little something about them. I encourage people to read, read, read on the subject. It could be the last book you read.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Having cancer is analogous to a fly... really?:n00b:

Yeah, I think it was a pretty damn good analogy. Why would I want to blow up my whole kitchen to kill a fly? Just like I wouldn't want to poison all of my organs to kill a tumor.

A precision strike would make more sense, if any.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    That's the whole reason for this thread. Chemotherapy is like killing a fly with a hand-grenade.

lets say the fly is in your house. The grenade kills the fly and some of the house, but there is enough of the house left to fix the damage caused by the grenade.

That would make your analogy fit a *little* better

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Yeah, I think it was a pretty damn good analogy. Why would I want to blow up my whole kitchen to kill a fly? Just like I wouldn't want to poison all of my organs to kill a tumor.

It might be your only option to kill that tumor. so either kill the tumor or be killed by the tumor. :twocents:

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana

So a fly in your kitchen will kill the whole house if not destroyed? That is your position on cancer. It is basically of no threat whatsoever, just like a fly. wow.

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    I wonder how theweakerbrother would feel about this thread?!?

Watching the opinions passed as "information" here is like watching Oprah when she has her "Experts" on.

My wife (an oncology nurse is literally LHAO right now). She still has friends that have only survived cancer b/c chemo.

Sorry Rambone, I disagree with you on this one bud.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    It is a wonder that our life spans are significantly higher today than it ever was in the past given those healthy natural diets we used to have....

People's lifespans have increased, but its not because we eat healthier. Sanitation, surgery, and living conditions are quite a bit different, wouldn't you say? Feces doesn't run through the storm drains on the streets anymore.

For lunch I suggest you have a quasi-hamburger made from a genetically modified cow, some greasy french fries, and wash it down with some carbonated corn syrup. Do you look at food labels whatsoever?

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    People's lifespans have increased, but its not because we eat healthier. Sanitation, surgery, and living conditions are quite a bit different, wouldn't you say? Feces doesn't run through the storm drains on the streets anymore.

For lunch I suggest you have a quasi-hamburger made from a genetically modified cow, some greasy french fries, and wash it down with some carbonated corn syrup. Do you look at food labels whatsoever?

So I take it you've never drank city water?

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I wonder how theweakerbrother would feel about this thread?!?

Watching the opinions passed as "information" here is like watching Oprah when she has her "Experts" on.

My wife (an oncology nurse is literally LHAO right now). She still has friends that have only survived cancer b/c chemo.

Sorry Rambone, I disagree with you on this one bud.

Are you saying that every single person with cancer should get chemo? Otherwise there is nothing to disagree with me about. All I wanted to do is make people think a little on their own, outside of what their "expert" doctors have to say.

People can get chemo if they want to. I just don't think it saves as many lives as we are made to believe. Nobody knows how long people would live without chemo treatments. But the number of people that die during chemo is quantifiable - between 1/4 and 2/5 die from the chemo itself. Who knows how many years they could have hung on without it. I think families deserve to be informed of the downsides and make that choice as a last resort.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana

Oh there are a host of reasons, one of the primary ones is childhood immunizations.

I am actually more interested in your explanation of how a fly in your house is analogous to having cancer. I can ignore the fly with no ill effect. Not so with the cancer.

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN

Its a ridiculous analogy. A harmless bug that is simply an annoyance has nothing to do with a life threatening illness.

They dont make a cancer fly swatter. Chemo is a last resort procedure to save your life, its not something to be taken lightly and certainly should be up to the person going through it. But as I said before, the scare tactics trying to get people to question their doctor is not what needs to be done.

Talk to your family, your doctor, use your judgement, and if you have faith use that too.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Oh there are a host of reasons, one of the primary ones is childhood immunizations.

I am actually more interested in your explanation of how a fly in your house is analogous to having cancer. I can ignore the fly with no ill effect. Not so with the cancer.

Maybe the fly was from Africa and transmitted Mumps, Measles, and Rubella to all the fools in the house who live without chemical injections.

Top Bottom