Cheese Toastie or Grilled Cheese Sammich?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Never heard of a cheese toastie until today.

tomato soup must be Campbell's and no milk. Never cared for milk in my mater soup. I do like a pinch of Cajun seasoning or tobasco though.

bread should be white Bunny, Wonder, or store brand
    American cheese - Kraft if your parents have a good job
    butter is best but we always had margerine
    for an extra treat throw a piece of baloney in the skittle and fry until it pops up like a boob. Then cook your sammich in whatever dripped off that piece of round steak.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Never heard of a cheese toastie until today.

tomato soup must be Campbell's and no milk. Never cared for milk in my mater soup. I do like a pinch of Cajun seasoning or tobasco though.

bread should be white Bunny, Wonder, or store brand
    American cheese - Kraft if your parents have a good job
    butter is best but we always had margerine
    for an extra treat throw a piece of baloney in the skittle and fry until it pops up like a boob. Then cook your sammich in whatever dripped off that piece of round steak.

Mouth is watering. Gotta do my Matter soup with whole milk....Vit. D is all that can be used.

Also....a cup of chilli and a grilled cheese is a great lunch.

Rocket

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Whiteland
    My son wouldn't eat the "girled Cheese" as he called it because he is a boy. So in our house for many years it was called "Boy Cheese"

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Yep, the name of the product is in the Link "Electric_Flat_Grill .jpg"

:)

In my (former) industry, it was simply known as "the flat-top".

Don't get me started on the people who insist on calling this a "broiler"... :facepalm:

275329_6024cbf.png

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Forget the condensed soups. If you want tomato, Healthy choice(?) Tomato Basil or Chunky Tomato.

I grew up exclusively around that Campbells crap. for 30 years I thought tomato soup was a nasty pink slurry that had really absolutely nothing to do with tomatoes. I mean I like raw tomatoes, cooked tomatoes, and spaghetti sauce. Why doesnt it taste like any of those?

Then one day early in our marriage the wife had me try the killer new soup she got. "You'll like it! It tastes like actual tomatoes in Chili." After much arm twisting and with much protest (since I dont LIKE tomato soup after all) I was pleasantly surprised.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Forget the condensed soups. If you want tomato, Healthy choice(?) Tomato Basil or Chunky Tomato.

I grew up exclusively around that Campbells crap. for 30 years I thought tomato soup was a nasty pink slurry that had really absolutely nothing to do with tomatoes. I mean I like raw tomatoes, cooked tomatoes, and spaghetti sauce. Why doesnt it taste like any of those?

Then one day early in our marriage the wife had me try the killer new soup she got. "You'll like it! It tastes like actual tomatoes in Chili." After much arm twisting and with much protest (since I dont LIKE tomato soup after all) I was pleasantly surprised.

You want good tomato soup? Get yourself some canned San Marzano tomatos, put them through a food mill to remove all of the seeds and cook them down. I've never had better soup or sauce anywhere.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Born and raised in central IN. Never heard the phrase "cheese toastie" until someone on INGO made it up and tried to convince everyone it's the correct terminology. Some people.... :rolleyes:

marv

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Gatchel, IN
    Fried cheese sammich. With Swiss, not that dam yellow stuff. Garlic powder on the cheese, melt the oleo in the skillet, toss the sammich in, fry crispy golden till the cheese melts and Enjoy.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    Grilled cheese.

When I got married my mother in law offered to make me a cheese toastie one time and I was like, "What the **** is a cheese toastie?" (sans the "****" word, but the emotion and expression was there)

Good thing she asked after the wedding! :laugh:

hoosierdaddy1976

I Can't Believe it's not Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county
    In my (former) industry, it was simply known as "the flat-top".

Don't get me started on the people who insist on calling this a "broiler"... :facepalm:

275329_6024cbf.png

just flip it upside down, problem solved.

the only time i ever heard the term "cheese toastie" before this thread was at college from some buddies hailing from the fort wayne area. definitely not a region term.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I fixed FOUR grilled cheese sandwiches (real butter, american cheese), tomato soup for the daughter and wife, and chicken noodle soup for me. 'Twas yummy.

Top Bottom