Challenging times ahead. How do you protect your family and property?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Horsetrader

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 24, 2021
    Northern indiana
    Send your thoughts and ideas on how to keep your family and home safe from BAD PEOPLE. I want to be politically correct, don’t want to go to jail for being racist. Don’t care what heritage you are , and I don’t think my gun cares either. Keep your family safe and GOD BLESS AMERICA

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    protect.gif

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    NE of Indy
    I always carry something, even at home.
    Dogs inside and out, and they love to sit on the couch and watch for cars in the driveway. :) We live out in the country and have a good relationship with the neighbors next-door. Always keeping an eye out for each other and he’s been over to shoot a time or two.
    I’m drawing up plans now for a moat.

sheepdog697

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 2, 2015
    Cedar Lake
    Same just closed on our property out in starke. Moving out of lake county and out of a subdivision. Want the space, and I don’t think it’s a bad idea to get away from all the people.

Horsetrader

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 24, 2021
    Northern indiana
    I’ve lived in the country for 25 plus years, around 800 ft off road, have dog and security. Still my wife stood at front door and watched the police do a high speed chase after a truck which had just robbed a bank, driving at high speeds within 15 feet of my house going through fence and just tearing the hell out of everything. we were lucky that no one was outside at the time. Never think something like that won’t happen to you . I sure didn’t, be prepared for anything.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I’ve lived in the country for 25 plus years, around 800 ft off road, have dog and security. Still my wife stood at front door and watched the police do a high speed chase after a truck which had just robbed a bank, driving at high speeds within 15 feet of my house going through fence and just tearing the hell out of everything. we were lucky that no one was outside at the time. Never think something like that won’t happen to you . I sure didn’t, be prepared for anything.
    Yep. I live in a suburb, and I bet that there are people "out in the country" that live closer to a meth lab than I do.

recon

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2011
    Lafayette
    Easy. I surround my place with banana peels. no one can get to my house without falling and breaking their neck. If they do make it inside, I will give them a hug and reason with them and then they will leave peacefully.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Full security camera coverage.
    8' privacy all the way around the back yard and gated between our houses and the terrorists house next door.
    They have the same camera system we have and we have access to each others via phone or internet as we do the neighbor to the south. We see everything. 2 40" flat screens in my place to monitor. 1 in the bedroom.
    "Big" dogs on north and south of our compound. Big loud dogs.
    Trust we have solid plans in place.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Full security camera coverage.
    8' privacy all the way around the back yard and gated between our houses and the terrorists house next door.
    They have the same camera system we have and we have access to each others via phone or internet as we do the neighbor to the south. We see everything. 2 40" flat screens in my place to monitor. 1 in the bedroom.
    "Big" dogs on north and south of our compound. Big loud dogs.
    Trust we have solid plans in place.
    Truth spoken here, I’ve been there. Don’t mess with the Mouse.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    2 dogs one 50lb one 85lb. My shield 45 and my 10mm MCK are right by my bed. The shield 45 usually gets most of the duty now days. I'm about to switch to a Rock Ultra FS 10mm once it proves it's reliable and accurate.

Steve

Master
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    12 ga pump shotgun next to bed.
    Handgun on dresser at night.
    Other handguns placed thru out house.
    Small dog to alert me.
    Doors reinforced.
    3M safety film on window and PD glass.
    Mental plan of action for various scenarios.
    Mental mindset of "Yes, it CAN happen to me".

Top Bottom