• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I ordered the DA upgrade kit from CGW. It comes with a 13# and 11.5# hammer spring, extended FP, FP spring, and FP block spring.

1. Remove the grips.
    2. Remove the plunger pin (the plunger is located to the rear of the magazine well).
    3. Move the magazine guide out of the way, and remove the plunger.
    4. Replace the hammer spring.
    5. Replace the plunger, and move the magazine guide back into place. Then replace the plunger pin.
    6. Drive out the roll pin that holds in the FP.
    7. Depress the FP block and remove the FP and FP spring.
    8. Remove the FP block.
    9. Replace the FP block spring and install the FP block.
    10. Depress the FP block and install the new FP and FP spring.
    11. Replace the FP roll pin.

Depress the FP block and make sure the FP protrudes.

CGW claims that this kit will lower the DA pull from 17# to roughly 9# if you use the 11.5# hammer spring. I do not have trigger pull gauge, but I can tell a significant difference in the DA pull and the SA pull seems lighter as well. I will post a follow up after I get it out to the range and test fire it. The kit was $49 shipped.

Last edited:

TTB Yeee

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95.8%
    23   1   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Ohio
    Let me know if you have any primer strike issues. I've been contemplating ordering the same kit, plus the SRS. It's about 30 dollars more for the short reset.

I may just go with the 13lb spring though, as I won't be shooting DA very often.

SRS-1
    Triple results - cuts the DA 50%, yet retains 100% reliability, cuts the SA reset approximately 50%, plus allows you to dry-fire your CZ all you want. Includes our new 61050 "Perfection" FP and 61100 spring steel FP retaining pin.​ Includes our "blue" HS-13 hammer spring. Do not mix any OEM springs with this kit. Do not use a hammer spring heavier than 15#'s with an extended firing pin.

SRS-2 come with the 11.5 spring.

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    I did the same thing to my SP-01, as well as a good bit of polishing, with good results. I also changed the CZ trigger return spring for the CGW TRS, and I'm on the fence about it... the reset seems mushier than the original and SA doesn't seem much (if any) lighter, but evidently there have been issues with the CZ TRS breaking so I'm leaving it in. :dunno:

ETA: I recently changed the hammer spring to the lighter 11.5 lb but haven't fully tested it. No light strikes so far with WWB and Blazer Brass, but I have a few more brands to try before the SP-01 goes back into the EDC rotation. My carry ammo is Federal HST, so I don't expect any issues, but....

Last edited:

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    According to CGW. The 13# spring will work with any primer. I use CCI primers for my reloads, and they say to only use Federal primers with the 11.5# spring. So I'll see how it goes. It's my USPSA gun. I'm also going to change the hammer, lifter, and disconnecter.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I use the 11.5# springs in all of mine. I don't have to be too picky with primers. Only had trouble with some S&B primers. Everything else has worked just fine. I run mostly CCI.

TTB Yeee

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95.8%
    23   1   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Ohio
    I use the 11.5# springs in all of mine. I don't have to be too picky with primers. Only had trouble with some S&B primers. Everything else has worked just fine. I run mostly CCI.

Shoot, I run primarily S&B, as I stocked up on that a while ago. I'll end up with both springs anyway, so I'm not overly concerned.

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    I just put another 200 rounds of 9mm Blazer and 82 rounds of 124gr Federal HST though my SP-01 with no problems; it's now back in the EDC rotation. It has CGW's 11.5 lb hammer spring, the extended FP and spring, FP block spring, trigger spring, and various pins. I also polished the trigger bar/internals per the CZ forum stickies. I'm calling iy "good," though the hammer is tempting.

engineerpower

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jun 1, 2008
    State of Boone
    Do these transfer over to the EAA Witness series? Not sure how similar the FCG's are. I've switched over from a Kahr CW9 to full-size Witness in 9mm for CCW, and the DA trigger isn't as looooong but it could certainly be improved. SA is pretty clean, would be nice if it were a little shorter as well.

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    9# DA with an 11.5 hammer spring? Wow....that's terrible.

With the 13#, it should be in the low 7s, and with the 11.5#, the high 5 range.

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    Do these transfer over to the EAA Witness series? Not sure how similar the FCG's are. I've switched over from a Kahr CW9 to full-size Witness in 9mm for CCW, and the DA trigger isn't as looooong but it could certainly be improved. SA is pretty clean, would be nice if it were a little shorter as well.

No. The tanfo has both a different mainspring design and a different firing pin block design.

Wolff makes springs for the Witnesses. A 13# main from them, coupled with a Henning firing pin (be sure to order the right one, there are several) and the Tanfoglio xTreme light firing pin spring is the hot set up for those. You may want to switch the hammer out for the Delta or xTreme hammer as well.

Last edited:

hrearden

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012
    If you use the 11.5 spring with the extended firing pin (included in the short reset kit) you dont have to worry about primer strikes. My SP01 has both plus a slew of other parts from CGW and CZC and sports a double that ranges from 5.5# to 6# and a single that ranges from 2.5# to 3# on my digital gauge. I have yet to find a primer it wont set off. The Cajun hammers should always be used for better sear breaks. The factory sear will serve you well also. I do agree with mammynun that the lighter trigger return springs leave a little to be desired on the reset. I had one in and went back to stock. It gave me about half a pound on pull but it was crappy enough on the reset to make me switch back. If breaking is your concern, just order extras. ;)

Top Bottom