• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DiamProducer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Anderson
    My friend was at a BP gas station today in Anderson along with 3 Madison County Officers. He was CCing and when he grabbed his walled his shirt pulled up a little bit. After leaving the building one of the officers walked out behind him and asked him if he was carrying. He said yes, and the officer asked for his permit. He is visiting from Alabama to help his dad out with some stuff so had his AL permit. The LEO looked up his permit then they had a nice conversation. I am posting this because most of the run ins with LEO posted on here are about how rude they are, or condescending about citizens carrying. This was a pleasant encounter with a sherrif just doing his job. End result was very professional and friendly. Just wanted to post a positive LEO encounter to show that not all of them are arrogant a$$holes.

1032JBT

LEO and PROUD of it.......even if others aren't
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Noblesville
    And we thank you for pointing that out and posting it for all to see. Actually very few of us are a**holes until made to be. Again thanak you for sharing a positive experience with a cop.......it's a refreshing change. :rockwoot:

Repp'ed

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    :+1:

I hope he got the officer's name as well. I'd like to see a short letter of appreciation for professionalism hit his file.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    IMO

You gotta give respect to get respect. I try to live that way, and all my LEO experiences have been mostly positive (except for that one speeding ticket, and even that guy was nice about it!)

AndersonIN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Anderson, IN
    My friend was at a BP gas station today in Anderson along with 3 Madison County Officers. He was CCing and when he grabbed his walled his shirt pulled up a little bit. After leaving the building one of the officers walked out behind him and asked him if he was carrying. He said yes, and the officer asked for his permit. He is visiting from Alabama to help his dad out with some stuff so had his AL permit. The LEO looked up his permit then they had a nice conversation. I am posting this because most of the run ins with LEO posted on here are about how rude they are, or condescending about citizens carrying. This was a pleasant encounter with a sherrif just doing his job. End result was very professional and friendly. Just wanted to post a positive LEO encounter to show that not all of them are arrogant a$.

Thanks for posting this! It's nice to see when people know and do their jobs correctly. I live in Anderson and have open carried for months and haven't been stopped or hasseled in any way. Only considerate questions from interested people that I have really enjoyed conversations with and helping to educate them along the way on their 2 nd Amend. rights and responsibilites!

Way to go Madison County Officers :rockwoot:

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    Back in 90 / 91 , I was arrested for PI/DOC (only time arrested) .

The IPD officer understood my position and was cool about it but he had to arrest all involved .

He placed me in the front with him and took the cuffs off and I went to jail like that .

I still count that as one of the good interactions with LEO's .

chasekerion4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    I don't mean to **** in the bowl of Wheaties here, but why did he follow him out and ask if he was carrying? Clearly he saw that the guy WAS carrying. From how it was described, he was grabbing his wallet and the gun showed a little bit.

I guess my question is - so what?

I've OC'd in front of a LEO many, many times without incident.... Your friend actually had his covered up except for a brief instant.

While I don't want to take away that the LEO was polite and respectful, he still questioned the guy about it; but for what?

Is this another instance of the traffic stop just to "check someone out" ???

I'm in no way crying about his rights being violated or anything like that. I'm just saying that anyone who has ever OC'd has likely OC'd in front of an officer without any questions or looks. Why was your friend's experience different? Why was he questioned about it?

Donnelly

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2008
    Cass County
    Perhaps because he was CC? The officer might have been checking to make sure the person in question was not a gang-banger wannabe who was hidin their gun.

Lucas156

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Greenwood
    I would question the LEO if he said something like, "well, I need your gun so I can run it to see if it is stolen." However, he only asked for his LTCH.

chasekerion4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Perhaps because he was CC? The officer might have been checking to make sure the person in question was not a gang-banger wannabe who was hidin their gun.

That's kinda what I was thinking. I'm guessing that LEO's generally don't inquire about OC'ers too often because it's almost as though you'd have to be a REAL idiot to OC illegally without a LTCH; so they just assume you're legal beagle.

AndersonIN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Anderson, IN

But you see THAT is the problem! If you are NOT doing anything illegal why should they stop you in the first place!!!:dunno:

I am in the processing of emailing the Sheriff to insure that Open Carry wouldn't have been an issue either.:rockwoot:

Dogman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Hamilton County
    But you see THAT is the problem! If you are NOT doing anything illegal why should they stop you in the first place!!!:dunno:

I am in the processing of emailing the Sheriff to insure that Open Carry wouldn't have been an issue either.:rockwoot:
    Because after seeing the gun the officer can stop you and ask to see your LTCH to make sure you are carrying legal.

Top Bottom