• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Neither. You go to the Zionsville Police Department.

Unless you live outside of town, then it would be the Boone Co. Sheriff's Dept.

Not following why you would go to Indianapolis?

kcaskey

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Thanks everyone.

I asked about Indy after doing a permit search on the web and it said I had to go downtown to fill out the app. Glad to here that is wrong. Thanks again...

-XL-

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    The whole reason one needs a permit is because 911 isn't quick enough!

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    If you live in Zionsville city limits you go to Zville police department.

If you live in boone county you go to the Sheriffs office at the Boone county Jail. It is just past the fairgrounds in Lebanon off the first lebanon exit on 65. Take $10.oo cash

You get fingerprinted on the electronic finger printing machine. Pretty cool!

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    :noway:

Why should law abiding citizens stand for having their fingerprints digitized for a nationwide crime database.

I think they should use the prints for the check then destory them.
    There is no good reason to keeep them as I have commited no crime!

My cool comment was related to not haveing to deal with the ink.

iam1096

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2008
    Ohio
    I don't see a problem with getting finger printed. I am sorry, if you do nothing wrong then what does it hurt. Your drivers licence picture is in a data base too. No big deal. Don't do the crime and it won't matter who has your finger prints. Many jobs now require your finger prints for back ground checks.

AFA1CY

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    In that Field that is Green
    I don't see a problem with getting finger printed. I am sorry, if you do nothing wrong then what does it hurt. Your drivers licence picture is in a data base too. No big deal. Don't do the crime and it won't matter who has your finger prints. Many jobs now require your finger prints for back ground checks.
    Slippery slope, next up DNA profile. How about microchiping? If you don't do anything wrong then you shouldn't worry about being microchiped.

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008

It seems to me I've heard that argument before. Warrantless searches? "If you have nothing to hide...."

The problem with all of this comes from Supreme Court Justice Oliver Wendall Holmes: "If a man will not defend his rights he should not be surprised if, sooner or later, the law follows his example."

Keeping and Bearing arms is a right. Having a particular job is not. That is a critical difference right there.

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    It's not a matter if you have nothing to hide. It's a matter of you don't have my permission to look for anything. You work for me, remember?

Rey B

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    After 20 years in the military and 3 different times getting clearances for my job I figure I am in enough databases, what is one more. I told the officer that helped me with the fingerprinting that the FBI couldn't find anything they probably wouldn't either. I don't like having to get a piece of paper to exercise my rights but when it's the only game in town you play or not at your discretion. As for having nothing to hide, I don't, but I don't plan on inviting someone to come take a look anyway.

Top Bottom