• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fixer

Expert
    Rating - 96.4%
    26   1   1
    Nov 22, 2009
    Fort Wayne Area
    Not trying to debate OC vs. CC and all that because I think it is :horse: !!! I was curious, of the people that CC do any wear any type of gun culture related clothing or gear that would be recognisable to most people. I have read articles that are pro CC that state the obvious reasons from CC vs. OC but also add that one should not wear any type of gun related articles that may make them a target.

I can see the logic but I have not heard of someone getting shot because he was wearing a Smith & Wesson T-shirt.

Again My question is: Do you CC and wear your favorite gun manufacturers shirt or hat? Or would that technically be OC'ing ? :dunno:

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    I rarely wear any type of gun related clothing, except my INGunowners hat. I would not worry about it while carrying, if I did. I don't see how that could be considered OC'ing. Unless the assumption is that everyone wearing a company logo carries a gun.

I do not have stickers on my home or car, nor wear anything that could suggest that I'm wanting to shoot someone. (Protected by S&W, Keep Honking I'm Reloading, etc.) I personally don't like anything that could give ammunition to a civil lawsuit if I was in a situation where I had to use lethal force to protect me or mine.

Hornett

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Bedford, Indiana
    I try to look like a hippie.
    That way, A gun is the last thing they would suspect. :)

Seriously, if you do CC and wear tactical gear, the 5 year old girls know...
    They know...

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I wear gun related clothing, even if I'm CCing.
    Most people assume you just take your guns to the range, or are at home.
    I've even wore my OC/CC shirt, people have asked what it means, and when I tell them, they look at me and ask why I'm not carrying. They usually can't believe I am.

Fixer

Expert
    Rating - 96.4%
    26   1   1
    Nov 22, 2009
    Fort Wayne Area
    I wear gun related clothing, even if I'm CCing.
    Most people assume you just take your guns to the range, or are at home.
    I've even wore my OC/CC shirt, people have asked what it means, and when I tell them, they look at me and ask why I'm not carrying. They usually can't believe I am.
    Where did you get your OC/CC shirt. I might have to get one of those!

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

CX1

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2012
    Vigo Co.
    I do not have stickers on my home or car, nor wear anything that could suggest that I'm wanting to shoot someone. (Protected by S&W, Keep Honking I'm Reloading, etc.) I personally don't like anything that could give ammunition to a civil lawsuit if I was in a situation where I had to use lethal force to protect me or mine.
    :+1:
    I also don't like advertising that I have anything of value to a thief.

Last edited:

Mad Anthony Wayne

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    NE central Indiana
    I wear a variety a gun related T-shirts. I PC carry. 1911 45 that makes a big imprint when in my serpa holster, but is hidden enough with a baggy T-shirt to keep me from getting stared at constantly like the new attraction at the zoo. :-)

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    I have read articles that are pro CC that state the obvious reasons from CC vs. OC but also add that one should not wear any type of gun related articles that may make them a target.

I can see the logic but I have not heard of someone getting shot because he was wearing a Smith & Wesson T-shirt.

Again My question is: Do you CC and wear your favorite gun manufacturers shirt or hat? Or would that technically be OC'ing ? :dunno:

There is a very good reason for that... Looking like you could be a threat makes you the OPPOSITE of a victim. Think animal kingdom, very few animals 'play possum' but many puff themselves up and have bright colors indicating they are dangerous. :twocents:

And no, even if you had ever piece of clothing from every gun manufacturer known to man you would not be OCing unless your firearm is exposed.

Where did you get your OC/CC shirt. I might have to get one of those!

:whistle:

I wear a variety a gun related T-shirts. I PC carry. 1911 45 that makes a big imprint when in my serpa holster, but is hidden enough with a baggy T-shirt to keep me from getting stared at constantly like the new attraction at the zoo. :-)

Is that supposed to be some kind of JOKE???

:D:laugh:

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I own several INGO shirts, a few CZ shirts and various others. I wear them all the time. I really think that most people pay absolutely no attention to what anyone else wears, I don't.

Cheeseburger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2011
    Fort Wayne, IN
    You mean my NRA vanity plate, my Friends of the NRA stickers and USSCA stickers are all give-a-way that I might be armed? You'd think people would stop tailgating me and gripping and telling me I'm #1 when I don't drive 55 in a 35 mph residential area .........

Mad Anthony Wayne

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    NE central Indiana
    Is that supposed to be some kind of JOKE???

Yes it was a JOKE. I didn't see the reason for the all caps "joke" in your comment. So I made sure to one up you :-) Yes, joke as well. God forbid I should say any comment, (or make any joking or exaggerated reference) that may raise the ire of the dedicated OCers. You're kind of a sensitive and defensive guy, aren't you???

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    Yes it was a JOKE. I didn't see the reason for the all caps "joke" in your comment. So I made sure to one up you :-) Yes, joke as well. God forbid I should say any comment, (or make any joking or exaggerated reference) that may raise the ire of the dedicated OCers. You're kind of a sensitive and defensive guy, aren't you???
    Does the Pope s**t in the woods?

youngda9

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Did you perhaps miss the :D:laugh: at the end of TF post #9? That means he was happy. Seems like you are the one trying to bait and pounce. :dunno:

There's always one in the crowd taht has to slander the OC guys to get the party started.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    I have a Springfield ProStaff shirt that I'll occasionally wear (just the name in small letters on the front and "Prostaff" on the sleeve).
    I used to wear a "Molon Labe" shirt, until someone fluent in Greek told me they got the letters wrong (but they tried!). :):

Fixer

Expert
    Rating - 96.4%
    26   1   1
    Nov 22, 2009
    Fort Wayne Area
    I personally have a couple Smith & Wesson T-Shirts and don't feel like I am more of a target because of them.
    I think that those that do are giving the criminal population WAY more credit than deserved.:D

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    People who carry firearms almost always "out" themselves while they think they are being sneaky.

5.11 Gear
    Molle webbing on everything
    The only people on the planet who still wear fanny packs, aside from 'ironic' hipsters
    Bald Eagle t-shirts, branch of service t-shirts
    Maxpedition anything
    High Speed Sunglasses
    Can't stop talking about Chris Costa with longing in their eyes
    Hugging Roscoe close to their hip but thinking no one notices.

Top Bottom