• ...and so much more!
  • BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Thunderwear, anyone?

Seriously, who is going to ask the guy at the restaurant what that bulge in the middle of his pants is? Supposed to be pretty comfortable too.

Might want to invest in a smaller firearm, though; you might be able to conceal what you have just fine, but as far as deep DEEP cover goes, its hard to beat a P3AT, LCP, or TCP.

LegatoRedrivers

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2011
    Carry one of those tiny .22 derringers...

I would argue that they aren't prohibited under corporate policy; some would consider them more Fireworks than Firearms... :D

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    I think the best advice has been given above. If you do it, don't talk about it.

A couple of points:

1. Make a copy of your employee handbook that you've signed so if you are discovered and fired, and wish to press the issue, you have proof that there was no written policy in effect at the time (to prevent them from pulling what they did on Jet Girl and quickly amending the Handbook). It won't keep you from getting fired (and really, why would you want to work there anyway?), but if you are really willing to press the issue it'll probably get you either a settlement or a decision by them to not contest your application for unemployment.

2. Start looking for another job. It doesn't sound like the part-time gig you have is part of your career track, so you might as well find one that is gun-friendly, or at least gun-neutral, and it's always easier to find a job when you already have a job.

3. Jet Girl, I hope you got some cash out of your situation - copies of your review and your Handbook, coupled with a call from an attorney should have netted you a few dollars.

IANAHRP (I Am Not An Human Resources Professional), but I am married to one.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    3. Jet Girl, I hope you got some cash out of your situation - copies of your review and your Handbook, coupled with a call from an attorney should have netted you a few dollars.

Nope. I'm not the Karma fairy...but Karma IS very real. They don't exist as a branch in that city anymore. :)

Relatively Ninja

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I used to carry every day at a job that had such a policy. How would they ever know?

What kind of gun did you carry and how did you carry it? What did you typically wear to work? What kind of job did you have; was it very active or were you sitting at a desk all day?

Sorry about all the questions, I'm just a curious guy. But if you don't like it you can **** right off!

Top Bottom