• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    :+1: It's not illegal to carry at the polls (unless it's at a school or some other prohibited place)

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    If you are voting at a school, then carrying it in is obviously a no no.
    I vote in the community center at the park and until this year was a no no also.

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    I prefer to use masking tape, duct tape hurts too much when you remove it, to my forehead so that everyone knows I am carrying a deadly, self firing, grows arm and legs and jumps out of holster gun.

Other than that I just carry on my side like I do every other day of the week.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Handgun - 4:00 OWB holster
    AR - front single point sling
    Shotgun - left shoulder African carry

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    I was under the impression that polling places were prohibited, but I wind up with a lot of dumb things on top of me. Mine's at a church, so it wouldn't be otherwise, and next year I'd be muchly motivated to carry even in the area I live.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    The legislature passed and the governor signed a law that allowed for "vote centers". A few counties had them the last couple of years, but now, every county can have them. In essence, a county might have 15 places at which you can vote, and no matter where you live in the county, you can go to any of them. If the closest one to you is a school, just go to the one at the nearest library or fire station or community center.

It's a very cool thing from that perspective.

Blessings,
    Bill

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    The legislature passed and the governor signed a law that allowed for "vote centers". A few counties had them the last couple of years, but now, every county can have them. In essence, a county might have 15 places at which you can vote, and no matter where you live in the county, you can go to any of them. If the closest one to you is a school, just go to the one at the nearest library or fire station or community center.

It's a very cool thing from that perspective.

Blessings,
    Bill

Hey Bill,

Tried to rep you for this but I have given too much in the last 24. I really appreciate your expertise on these legal matters. You do us all a great service by offering documented information. Thanks.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Another "on my hip". Closest polling place is a little church, which happens to not have a daycare or school.

Thanks, BoR, for the polling place reminder!

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Hey Bill,

Tried to rep you for this but I have given too much in the last 24. I really appreciate your expertise on these legal matters. You do us all a great service by offering documented information. Thanks.

Thank you! :)

Another "on my hip". Closest polling place is a little church, which happens to not have a daycare or school.

Thanks, BoR, for the polling place reminder!

You're welcome. Not every county has implemented this, but it's something to pester your local election board about.

And yes, another vote for "on my hip,right where it belongs"

(If I did appendix carry, it would be "on mah hip right nex' tah mah whip." :pimp: :p (rep to the first one to ID that quote, no fair looking it up on the web))

Blessings,
    Bill

Top Bottom