• ...and so much more!
  • TheGrumpyGuy

Get off my lawn!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 12, 2020
    SE Indy
    We moved here in Summer '68 I remember it as a cornfield. Looks like 465 was completed by '72. The first store to open was Sears in August '72.

Anyone remember those little torches in road construction that looked like little black bombs? When I was a kid that's what I thought they were.
    View attachment 257586

1966 Allisonville & RR1 (or road 100, now 82nd st)
    View attachment 257585

View attachment 257584

I seem to remember road 100 as being Shadeland Ave??

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    We moved here in Summer '68 I remember it as a cornfield. Looks like 465 was completed by '72. The first store to open was Sears in August '72.

Anyone remember those little torches in road construction that looked like little black bombs? When I was a kid that's what I thought they were.
    View attachment 257586

1966 Allisonville & RR1 (or road 100, now 82nd st)
    View attachment 257585

View attachment 257584
    Remember to torches very well.

I miss the old Sears stores...with real Craftsman tools.

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    I seem to remember road 100 as being Shadeland Ave??

That’s what we always called it plus I found this in the wiki

It turned west at Castleton, in northeastern Marion County, following 82nd Street. Between State Road 37A(Allisonville Rd) and the distinctive bridge over the West Fork of the White Riverjust east of State Road 431(Keystone Ave), it became 86th Street. It continued on west along 86th to the far-northwest side of Marion County, where it connected to US 52 at Trader's Point in Boone County.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    According to the article, he got out of the vehicle, chased and fired at the surviving victim.

Teens protecting themselves with guns need to learn from someone what they can do, and can't do, if they reasonably believe they're facing a threat of force.

led4thehed2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    68   0   0
    Oct 16, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Yikes. I remember reading a bit about this when it first happened and thinking it was a terrible mistake, absolutely tragic, but possibly a good shoot. No more.

In case anyone is curious, $12K will secure his release.....from mycase.in.gov...

03/14/2023
    Order Issuing Warrant for Arrest
    Split bond $70,000 SR/ $5000 cash with HD
    Judicial Officer:Rothenberg, Marc T (D29)

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    I just realized Fox news is trying this case in the court of public opinion.

From the article.
    “He did not see either male with anything in their hands, and neither male said anything.”
    "A firearm with an extended magazine was found in the trunk of Clyde’s vehicle,"

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    IMPD said Johnson told them he feared the men approaching the car because he had been a witness to a previous, unrelated homicide. He told police that he was “being hunted”.

This, 19 years old, 'stendo in the trunk...think Clyde is living "the life" and maybe that's why he's a bit on edge and prone to overreaction? Guess he didn't get his Glock switch yet.

Just idly speculating. Anyway, if there's evidence to support the claim that he not just fired out of the car but got out and ran the guy down and shot him up some more, he ain't getting acquittal on anything.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    From what I understand reading the thread, he witnessed a murder. He thought 2 guys found him in the back seat of his friends car and were going to 'take him out'. He shot at them, chased the runner and maimed him so the police can pick him up, and he would finally be safe.

No purple intended. He was probably in fear for his life. Someone was killed for trying to get in the wrong car. Some people think he gets a pass. Reasonable fear of eminent threat of force. Based on the back story, maybe that element is there. Someone was shot trying to get away from him.

Last edited:

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I just realized Fox news is trying this case in the court of public opinion.

From the article.
    “He did not see either male with anything in their hands, and neither male said anything.”
    "A firearm with an extended magazine was found in the trunk of Clyde’s vehicle,"
    Fox59 is not Fox News. They are the local Fox station affiliate, but owned by a completely different company called Nexstar Media Group. When I worked there they were owned by Tribune Media which went bankrupt and then merged with Nexstar.

Top Bottom