• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dennadam

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    allen park
    I have the Lyman universal carbide case trimmer. looking at the RCBS trim pro 2 power trimmer. anyone like or dislike the RCBS. RCBS would be faster but would it be accurate?

Aszerigan

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    339   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    I had the RCBS Trim Pro 2 once, and didn't care for it. Too much money, not enough difference between that and a hand crank trimmer.

I'd recommend the Lyman Case Xpress trimmer. I have one and it's great. It works the same way a Giraud trimmer does, basing case trim off the shoulders with a spring loaded system. Has adjustable speed for the trimming head to reduce chatter. It also has a dial to adjust trim length in increments of +/- 0.001" easily.

And way less expensive than the RCBS.

Amazon product ASIN B07MY1V9YX

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    I had the RCBS Trim Pro 2 once, and didn't care for it. Too much money, not enough difference between that and a hand crank trimmer.

I'd recommend the Lyman Case Xpress trimmer. I have one and it's great. It works the same way a Giraud trimmer does, basing case trim off the shoulders with a spring loaded system. Has adjustable speed for the trimming head to reduce chatter. It also has a dial to adjust trim length in increments of +/- 0.001" easily.

I have both of those trimmers myself, I have yet to use the Lyman yet.
    I believe it will be much faster than the RCBS.
    I have the three way cutters for the RCBS does the Lyman do the same?
    They were blowing them out on Amazon last year, thats why I bought it.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

I remember that when it came out. It's going to be on my list when my Frankford Arsenal prep station dies.

I also have backup Lee cartridge specific trimmers if I don't have power God forbid or just have a few pieces of brass that I don't want to change my set up on the Frankford.

1648469446765.png
    1648469501929.png

1648469578393.png

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    I remember that when it came out. It's going to be on my list when my Frankford Arsenal prep station dies.

I also have backup Lee cartridge specific trimmers if I don't have power God forbid or just have a few pieces of brass that I don't want to change my set up on the Frankford.

View attachment 191368
    View attachment 191369

View attachment 191370

Shame is if I was paying attention I would have ordered two, one for trim and another for pockets. Amazon was blowing them out for 89 or 99 bucks last year.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    I was wondering, I just was reading the box.

If wondering whats behind it, it is a Chandler sewing machine.

Attachments

• 20220328_144025.jpg
      20220328_144025.jpg
      873.6 KB · Views: 7
    • 20220328_144601.jpg
      20220328_144601.jpg
      282.6 KB · Views: 7
    Last edited:
    Top Bottom