• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shoots4Fun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    74   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN

I have one of these which I really love using under sweats. It can be worn around the chest/belly or around the waist. I wear on under sweat all of the time lately. Take a look...

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    Sorry guys. Stlylish comfortable dress attire and an efficient secured easy to present holstered gun are two ends of the spectrum for armed street carry. Good luck to those that try it. In my opinion, a decision needs to be made about the commitment to carry. I believe, and you are entitled to your belief, the presentation starts with the equipment that you suit up with. For me that means a long tail snug undershirt and an 1 3/4 inch double thickness leather belt matching the belt loops of the pants. No movement or crawling of holster. Fast and secure carry for defense, is even more important today. A lot of my lady students soon find this out in class and come up with insightful ways to dress for the commitment of carrying a gun. For me, the pants, belt, holster, gun, ammo, components and skill set are all far more important than style. Anything less than this and I am less comfortable than jury rigged gun carry.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    The Alien Gear Sport Tuck Belly Band holster is an excellent option. It is MUCH better than traditional belly bands which can roll over and stretch over time. It is a firm belt which goes under your sweatpants/shorts. Then any of their holsters (or other manufacturers...I use crossbreed holster with it) locks into it.

https://aliengearholsters.com/belly-band-holster.html

belly-band-iwb-holster-in-use.jpg

belly-band-iwb-holster.jpg

best-holster-for-belly-band-carry.jpg
    What crossbreed model do you use that fits this spacing? I have been looking at this and they don't support the model my wife is planning on carrying.

Shoots4Fun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    74   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Sorry guys. Stlylish comfortable dress attire and an efficient secured easy to present holstered gun are two ends of the spectrum for armed street carry. Good luck to those that try it. In my opinion, a decision needs to be made about the commitment to carry. I believe, and you are entitled to your belief, the presentation starts with the equipment that you suit up with. For me that means a long tail snug undershirt and an 1 3/4 inch double thickness leather belt matching the belt loops of the pants. No movement or crawling of holster. Fast and secure carry for defense, is even more important today. A lot of my lady students soon find this out in class and come up with insightful ways to dress for the commitment of carrying a gun. For me, the pants, belt, holster, gun, ammo, components and skill set are all far more important than style. Anything less than this and I am less comfortable than jury rigged gun carry.

I agree with what you are saying here, but on occasion I have wanted or needed to change it up.

I have had no problem carrying the Trump Card holster with a Sig P238 and an extra magazine inside the band of my sweats and can even jog in them if I'm so inclined. I also can also draw it and practice that. It may not be as accessible as my OWB carry set-up, but works when needed...

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    (nicer fitted sweatpants, I promise I’m not super trashy).

I mean this is the nicest possible way.
    All sweat pants look trashy in public.

If you don't like jeans maybe look into slacks or "work pants"

But if sweats are your only option. I think a belly band or ankle holster might be your best option.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    #3 for Phlster Enigma.

Yes, they're expensive. Plus you gotta buy a holster.

But if you don't want to wear pants with belt loops an a gun belt, it's probably the best thing going.

OH - and if you do wear a belly band - get one with a full kydex shell holster in it if you have a striker-fired gun.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    Sticky is just about all I use these days. They are great. Don't move for me at all. I got rid of that box of holsters we all have.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    During Covid 1984, when at home, sweats were mandatory, Uncle Mikes pocket holster (don't laugh, it works), and a KT P32, of course I didn't run around in them, I don't do sweats in public, unless it's a drive thru....

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Dressing to go out of the house is the same argument as whether or not to carry all the time vs when you go to the bad side of town.

If you really got to choose when you needed to be ready of self defense and when not, you would just avoid the bad stuff, right? No need to carry at all, right?

sur+rifle

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 10, 2010
    Warrick, IN
    What crossbreed model do you use that fits this spacing? I have been looking at this and they don't support the model my wife is planning on carrying.

I have several Crossbreed SuperTucks. They all work great with it. The spacing seems to be the same between that and Alien Gears. Here are some pics with a crossbreed holster in it. And also one with a Crossbreed next to an Alien Gear holster (the lone Alien gear I own...I just find the crossbreeds more comfortable and sturdy).

AlienCross1_2.jpg

AlienCross2_2.jpg

AlienCross3_2.jpg

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    I have several Crossbreed SuperTucks. They all work great with it. The spacing seems to be the same between that and Alien Gears. Here are some pics with a crossbreed holster in it. And also one with a Crossbreed next to an Alien Gear holster (the lone Alien gear I own...I just find the crossbreeds more comfortable and sturdy).

AlienCross1_2.jpg

AlienCross2_2.jpg

AlienCross3_2.jpg
    Thank you, that may help me out.

Johwar

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2020
    Elwood
    I know not many will buy this but for sweats, gym shorts, I have gone to a LCP .22 In pocket. It works.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Brainardland
    I've owned both a bellyband (Bianchi, no longer made) and a fanny pack (from the old Jackass Leather firm, if memory serves).

I carry a 1911 in the fanny pack every day at the Monon Center in sweats and a tshirt.

I seldom dress nowadays in a manner to need the belly band, but when I did it did a fine job. I took a part time job at a Home Depot after I retired (corporate no-gun policy) and carried every day for years in that rig. No one was the wiser.

Don't wear it against the skin unless 1) you don't sweat or 2) you don't mind scouring rust off of guns.

Bosbar

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2008
    Just outside Indy
    Shorts in the summer, sweats in the winter.

Just strap on your gun belt with your holster and mag pouch.

Just like wearing it with pants.

Pull down t-shirt for cover.

I can easily carry a 1911 or anything else in this manner.

Top Bottom