• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DEAIV

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 15, 2021
    Southwest Indy
    So recently I’ve began to really hate wearing jeans, and really prefer sweatpants while running casual errands(nicer fitted sweatpants, I promise I’m not super trashy). But obviously it’s quite difficult to concealed carry in this attire. If anyone is in the same boat as me, what is your preferred holster? I’ve read a little about sticky holsters, which have no clip just a sleeve made out of sticky material. I really don’t trust it much so I’m curious if anyone has experience with these holsters. Or maybe another style? Curious about your opinions on this. Thanks!

2A-Hoosier23

ammo fiend
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 16, 2018
    Lawrence
    Take a look at ulticlips. They're designed to clip onto fabric. Will work with many holster designs if the screw holes align properly. Disclaimer, there was a thread here probably a couple months ago in which I recommended ulticlips but someone disagreed, basically said they were garbage. Idk they've been perfectly fine with me, in fact I love em. Thousands upon thousands of draws, I usually roll my sweatpants/shorts waistband once before clipping them on and they hold stupid tight. Never once had the holster come off along with the gun. What I'm saying won't really make sense until you look at how they work.

Definitely helps if you're wearing sweats with a stout drawstring that can cinch nice and tight. Wouldn't carry a stupid heavy gun with them, personally I go with a G43 in a Tier 1 concealed holster. Expensive holster especially when paired with ulticlips but well worth it. I run +2 extensions on my carry mag (almost making it a defacto Glock 43x) so I can carry 9 in the gun plus another 9 or 10 in the spare mag compartment. That's 18+ rounds in sweatpants with a gun I shoot well. No complaints, but it's not for everyone.

Edited to add: sticky holsters are not the way to go, in my opinion.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Please don’t use a sticky holster. I have a friend that wears gym shorts everywhere so he got a sticky holster. I would never trust my gun to stay secure on me with nothing attaching it to me. There are too many circumstances that could result in your firearm being dislodged and not staying secure.

2A-Hoosier23

ammo fiend
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 16, 2018
    Lawrence
    Please don’t use a sticky holster. I have a friend that wears gym shorts everywhere so he got a sticky holster. I would never trust my gun to stay secure on me with nothing attaching it to me. There are too many circumstances that could result in your firearm being dislodged and not staying secure.
    Ditto. I had my gun "fall through" into my pants while using a sticky holster with a p365. Belt was cinched as tight as I could get it but it worked itself loose just moving around the house trying the holster out. Never again.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Ditto. I had my gun "fall through" into my pants while using a sticky holster with a p365. Belt was cinched as tight as I could get it but it worked itself loose just moving around the house trying the holster out. Never again.
    “Is that a gun or are you happy to see me?”

My friend got one for a single stack XDS, and he said he can feel it slipping constantly. No way I would trust my gun being in something that isn’t attached in some way. I couldn’t imagine being in a position where I’m fighting with someone hand to hand while my gun isn’t securely strapped to me. Just sounds like a recipe for disaster

2A-Hoosier23

ammo fiend
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 16, 2018
    Lawrence
    “Is that a gun or are you happy to see me?”

My friend got one for a single stack XDS, and he said he can feel it slipping constantly. No way I would trust my gun being in something that isn’t attached in some way. I couldn’t imagine being in a position where I’m fighting with someone hand to hand while my gun isn’t securely strapped to me. Just sounds like a recipe for disaster
    Real talk. Just glad I tried it around the house before leaving. Would've been a nightmare.

2A-Hoosier23

ammo fiend
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 16, 2018
    Lawrence
    Good point. Always a good idea to test our equipment before putting it to use in the real world.
    Yup... maybe they work for some people with certain body types, or they might do fine as a pocket holster? Either way almost no piece of gear will work for everyone especially when it comes to carrying firearms. No way to know until you try

DEAIV

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 15, 2021
    Southwest Indy
    Take a look at ulticlips. They're designed to clip onto fabric. Will work with many holster designs if the screw holes align properly. Disclaimer, there was a thread here probably a couple months ago in which I recommended ulticlips but someone disagreed, basically said they were garbage. Idk they've been perfectly fine with me, in fact I love em. Thousands upon thousands of draws, I usually roll my sweatpants/shorts waistband once before clipping them on and they hold stupid tight. Never once had the holster come off along with the gun. What I'm saying won't really make sense until you look at how they work.

Definitely helps if you're wearing sweats with a stout drawstring that can cinch nice and tight. Wouldn't carry a stupid heavy gun with them, personally I go with a G43 in a Tier 1 concealed holster. Expensive holster especially when paired with ulticlips but well worth it. I run +2 extensions on my carry mag (almost making it a defacto Glock 43x) so I can carry 9 in the gun plus another 9 or 10 in the spare mag compartment. That's 18+ rounds in sweatpants with a gun I shoot well. No complaints, but it's not for everyone.

Edited to add: sticky holsters are not the way to go, in my opinion.
    I’ve thought about this but I feel like I would be in the same situation I’m in now. With something that clips to the pants it just pulls the pants down unless I have the draw string unbearably painfully tight. I’m currently thinking the band type holsters would be the way to go

2A-Hoosier23

ammo fiend
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 16, 2018
    Lawrence
    I’ve thought about this but I feel like I would be in the same situation I’m in now. With something that clips to the pants it just pulls the pants down unless I have the draw string unbearably painfully tight. I’m currently thinking the band type holsters would be the way to go
    Heard ya. As a word of warning, usually the belly band, smartcarry and 3speed holsters (all similar style which use a velcro strap) can be finicky and the strap digs in to your skin a bit. Very much doable but you may find yourself in the same old pickle of uncomfortable cinching sensation... as said earlier, no way to know until you try, and even if you don't like it for all day carry, it should work great for exercising or carrying for a few hours. You may even find it perfectly comfortable all the time

Top Bottom