• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2014
    warsaw
    I cc at church. Its huge, probably lots of people do. Ive noticed poorly concealed weapons but no obvious oc. Also if im going to a school or post office i make those stops my only stop out of the house then i go right back home to get my cc before i go anywhere else. We dont have any nra or similar stickers but i cant stand leaving my gun in my vehicle. Not had good luck with vehicle break-ins in general.

hoosier21

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    South Bend
    Interesting topic. My mom mentioned that this past Sun 2 men visited their church, whom they had never seen before. One of the men was OC. This was something that the church had not encountered before, and made for a lot of uneasy people, yes even my parents. She said a couple of the men from the church kept a close eye on them. She said they acted normal and seemed nice. I told her the man probably had his LTCH, and was not breaking any laws, and may even be an INGO member. I also used the opportunity to say what if, and that they need to get their own LTCH, take a class, and head to the range.

HoosierLife

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Greenwood
    The pastor/principal of a church school can give permission to someone who is licensed to carry to carry on school/church grounds. As of now, I'm the only person that has a form signed by the pastor with the necessary Indiana laws, but there's probably 50-75 people that are carrying on Sundays.

Our church also also gave our pastor an AR15 for Christmas, in front of the whole Sunday evening service crowd.

Also, no tin foild needed, but our insurance man says there is 1 church shooting every week in the US. Churches that preach the Bible and take a biblical stance against sin get hit more often.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    I carry concealed at church, and I'm the guy in the pulpit. I've never made a deal out of it, and I don't know if anyone else does or not. It's a small country church, and if something remarkable did happen, I figure I would have the best shot, with the way our church house is laid out. Sometimes a deputy friend of mine visits and sits in the back row, which is nice. To me, if you believe the Bible, there are other things at stake, and it's important to not be antagonistic about these things (not saying anyone here is), and to be considerate to others in the church, even if they're not in the right. That's not to say don't carry, just keep it under the jacket. A lot of it boils down to the cultural norms, wrong as they might be, of the people in the congregation.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Forgot to say we were broken into a few weeks ago, along with the other churches in town. Thankfully no one was in the building. Also, this past Sunday, when of course I was waiting on my pistol to arrive at the LGS, some folks showed up right after morning service. They wanted assistance, and one of them was strung out. I explained that we didn't give cash, but we could buy them some groceries or gas. They didn't seem overly glad, but opted for the gas. So they followed me to the gas station and we bought them some fuel. Nothing untoward happened, but my hackles were definitely raised, and I was sure missing my sidearm. Just a reminder that there are a few hairy situations that can arise, not just radicals out to prove a point.

minx

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    SW Indiana
    Hey T I'm in the same "tin-foil hat" wearing paranoid group with you. My wife and I already have pre-set evacuation and outside meet up places in plan for anywhere we go on a regular basis. We even have a preset word that tells the other that we believe the @$@#$%s about to hit the fan and we're getting out right now........NO DISCUSSION JUST MOVE!

Too much maybe...........ever come into play doubtful...........care what anyone else thinks NOPE!

Preset Phrases: "Here comes the offering plate." or "the Preacher wants you to be a sunday school teacher." "Jesus is in the parking lot" All in fun, I carry every Sunday. :)

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    At my church we have a team of guys who are security and even those who may not be are armed each week. And this is nothing to do with those that carry just because it's what they do. But we have an actual response team radios etc. A local LEO heads up a team of military, federal officers, and a few regular joes puts out a schedule. I really like the idea. Even if there isn't anything crucial we deal with people that fall or people looking into cars in the parking lot and just little things. Sadly churches are targets nowadays.

SPUTTER

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2012
    BEDFORD
    I also go to small country church and cc every Sunday, have talked to the pastor and others, gun friendly and welcomed me with open arms.

AndersonIN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Anderson, IN
    Preset Phrases: "Here comes the offering plate." or "the Preacher wants you to be a sunday school teacher." "Jesus is in the parking lot" All in fun, I carry every Sunday. :)

I wanted WWJD...................What Would Judas Do but my wife said no!!! Hhmmmm might have the look at the "Jesus is in the parking lot"! Now that has potential!

Or I could just ask the BG......"Hey Jesus is in the parking lot, want to go meet him?".

Peter McM

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2012
    Large independent Christian congragation on Indy's nothside. I carry, as do the armed security that are present routinely present.

darinb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Scott county,indiana
    I always carry in church. Study church crime statistics its quite surprising. When I was involved in ministry at our church we had several instances that could have turned out very bad. We get a lot of released convicts, people with mental issues and kids from bad homes with violent parents and so on. When I first started going to church 10 years ago I thought church was boring but I got quite a surprise. I believe that there are 2 parts to every person flesh and spirit and we have an obligation to protect both. After all Jesus said he wants all to come to repentance and I don't want to hinder by allowing anyone to get killed before they get that chance.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I would not attend or join a church that prevented me from carrying. Just like at the mall or at a movie theater: if I'm at church, I'm carrying (concealed).

I won't be obstinate about it or anything. If asked to leave, I would - I and my family, immediately. And we wouldn't return. Interestingly, of the kind of church we look for (small to mid-sized, independent, Bible-only), I have yet to encounter one that was hostile toward members carrying. (Yet another reason, among others, that we avoid mega-churches.)

Top Bottom