• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cesna250

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 12, 2012
    Warsaw
    Where do you guys stand with CC in church? I grew up in a very traditional church where if somebody knew then i would have been probably been asked to leave if i was CC. I realize that OC isn't really necessary but CC doesn't really seem like a problem to me. I CC in my current church and my pastor does know about it and is fine with it. We've had some incidents in church where we have had to ask people to leave. I can explain but its a long story. Anyway i wanna hear everybody's thoughts. :patriot:

popsmoke

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2012
    I know quite a few LEOs that carry everywhere they go, including church. My uncle goes to service with his back up around his ankle.

Just because it's a holy site doesn't mean it's exempt from danger.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I don't have a problem with CC in church. I haven't done it yet, but I could see it happening at some point.

Remember when normal church apparel for men included a suit jacket or sport coat? That would make it easier.

MtnBiker6510

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 19, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    My personal church is a small traditional baptist church and I CC. No one knows I carry there. I have attended others near my home for various reasons where they have daycares on site and then it stays in the car.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    I love long stories lets hear it.

My stance is. If you beluve god will protect you in his house, then don't carry
    If you don't believe he will turn dangerous people into salt before they hurt you, then carry.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    You might be surprised on how many people OC in church.

If God didn't want me to OC, He wouldn't have made my holsters.

He'd let me know-
    violent088.gif

CitiusFortius

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    NWI
    Where do you guys stand with CC in church? I grew up in a very traditional church where if somebody knew then i would have been probably been asked to leave if i was CC. I realize that OC isn't really necessary but CC doesn't really seem like a problem to me. I CC in my current church and my pastor does know about it and is fine with it. We've had some incidents in church where we have had to ask people to leave. I can explain but its a long story. Anyway i wanna hear everybody's thoughts. :patriot:

I do every Saturday night. (Not a morning person) My pastor encourages it since he can't. He is very aware that churches are targets. They are visible in the community, little to no visible security, and any place of religion can be prone to conflict.

There's always people "a little off" that show up looking for a handout etc.. We try to show God's grace to the least of these but are acutely aware of the fallen world that we live in.

I'm very grateful to be in a church where 2 of the pastors and half of the elders are active NRA members.

recon72

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2012
    I would think you shouldn't have to, but with the badguys praying on places like schools theaters and churchs, maybe somebody needs to be able to shoot back?

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    My personal church is a small traditional baptist church and I CC. No one knows I carry there. I have attended others near my home for various reasons where they have daycares on site and then it stays in the car.

Better not park on the same property if you are worried about breaking the law.

Might be easier/more convenient to get permission to carry.

IMO a pastor not willing to protect his flock is an irresponsible pastor.

FortWayneGunfighter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 13, 2012
    The desert...

i CC mostly but its more like half CC

CitiusFortius

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    NWI
    He can't?

Something about official church doctrine with their affiliation or something. I just know every time it comes up he gets frustrated and moves on.

He can legally, he could even get away with it if he wanted to, but he's holding himself to high ethical standards since he's an ordained minister.

Probably the best I could think to explain it, hope it makes sense.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Brandonki
    Top Bottom