• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jetmechG550

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Oh it's on the internet so it must be true, sorry. nothing against you but that second link is nothing but a bunch of anonymous posts, could all be from the same disgruntled "retiree" for all anyone knows. Just talked to my Dad, he's never received a letter stating anything about carrying?

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Oh it's on the internet so it must be true, sorry.

No, it's in the media. It was in the Chicago Sun-Times, a major newspaper of America's third largest city.

It was complained about for a long time among Chicago cops, thus the Second City Cop blog post at the same time as the newspaper article.

You can say that the media and cops are not credible but I'm just reporting what was reported.:D

I'm glad your father has not had any foot dragging or slow roll.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Is this gun shop rumor mill or have there been actual incidents?

I know cops have been arrested in California, New York and even South Dakota (Sturgis) but am not aware of any problems in Chicago.*

*I do know that CPD dragged heavy feet on qualifying its retired coppers so the retired officers could carry on §926.
    I have carried up in Chicago and when I was at the Sears Tower, I had to notify the security I was armed. A CPD officer then walked up and thanked me for visiting the City and chatted it up with me for a few minutes. I doubt the rumors are true. NYC was great as an LEO. I go there quite often and the local LEO treat visiting LEO's like kings. Even the National Parks Police who cover Ellis Island and Liberty Island had ZERO problems with me armed.

jetmechG550

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    No, it's in the media. It was in the Chicago Sun-Times, a major newspaper of America's third largest city.

It was complained about for a long time among Chicago cops, thus the Second City Cop blog post at the same time as the newspaper article.

You can say that the media and cops are not credible but I'm just reporting what was reported.:D

I'm glad your father has not had any foot dragging or slow roll.

The sun times is the issue ;) It's about as credible as the Indy Star.

In all honesty I've yet to hear anything regarding any retiree having issues. My Dad's not the only one I know and having grown up there I know several on both sides of retirement. I really only know one bad (now former) cop there and I would rather not say his name.:)

A. Ramon

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    NE Indiana
    Thanks for all the info guys. I figure if I dont get in their way or do something crazy I'll be ok. My main worry is my family 1st, after that it will be up to me if I choose to get involved I guess.

jetmechG550

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Staying Downtown Chicago. Found a Hotwire deal for a hotel just 2 blocks of the Mag Mile.

Right around there I don't have anything to suggest but there's a couple really good Italian restaurants over near Taylor St but Circle Campus. It's the old Italian neighborhood, in the summer you have to hit up Mario's Italian Lemonade over there. A couple of my cousins live near there, I'll see if they get back to me with anything.

protias

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Formerly Greensburg
    I have carried up in Chicago and when I was at the Sears Tower, I had to notify the security I was armed. A CPD officer then walked up and thanked me for visiting the City and chatted it up with me for a few minutes. I doubt the rumors are true. NYC was great as an LEO. I go there quite often and the local LEO treat visiting LEO's like kings. Even the National Parks Police who cover Ellis Island and Liberty Island had ZERO problems with me armed.
    I wonder why we "regular folk" get treated so poorly. :(

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I wonder why we "regular folk" get treated so poorly.

Because we are not royalty, or at least employees of royalty.:D

Feudal_game.jpg

Top Bottom