• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Brainardland
    This is the first time I've seen this thread and I know it's a bit late BUT...

This officer should have been reported to his superiors immediately after this incident occurred.

One of my duties as a shift sergeant and later a shift commander was to be constantly on the alert for signs of stress in my subordinates. This officer's hostility and contempt were signs that he had no business being on the street.

Suppose Kirk had handled the situation differently? It's my understanding that a LEO in Indiana has NO legal authority to disarm a legally armed citizen who does not stand accused of a crime. Suppose Kirk had said "Sorry officer...you have no right to demand that I surrender my firearm so that you can "check" it...I won't give it to you." The guy probably would have gone off.

I'm only guessing here, but I'm willing to guess that this LEO was just as big a pain in the ass to his superiors as he was to Kirk. The guy is a liability and no police supervisor wants such a man under his command. Had I ever had a man treat a gunowner in this way I would have wanted to be informed right away.

Food for thought should anyone here find themselves in similar circumstances.

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    ... and a British one at that.

Is Kirk really British? I have had this belief as well, however his website profile says he was born in Indy, and at least got his college education in Indiana and Illinois. Is Kirk trying to pull a fast one on us?

Last edited:

AFA1CY

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    In that Field that is Green
    Is Kirk really British? I have had this belief as well, however his website profile says he was born in Indy, and at least got his college education in Indiana and Illinois. Is Kirk trying to pull a fast one on us?
    Well he is of British parentage so we like to refer to him as the British Barrister. Every so often he will slip up and misspell “colour” or “labour”.
    (This goes back to the GlockTalk forum days)

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Is Kirk really British?

I was born in Methodist hospital in Indianapolis. I AM NOT BRITISH!:D

Indy317, one days the lads and I were kicking about our various heritages and I, quick with the funny don't you know, told the lads that my ancestors were from Devon. Well, next thing you know, they run like the clappers with this bit of wit and even though I do not endeavour such a representation, and Bob's your uncle, I'm British.:rolleyes:

AndersonIN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Anderson, IN
    If you walk into a coffee shop looking like Rambo with a gun and a knife strapped on openly, even if you did have the expensive gun in a horse hide holster, the officer would be remiss if he did not ask to see your permit and ID. Once those were provided he should have gone no further. Well probably OK to check for outstanding warrants.

When you open carry you should expect that someone is going to say something and it is good to stay calm and collected through the whole situation.

I agree they should also ask that person of color why they are sitting in the front of the bus and the Mexican for his papers! Even if it IS THEIR RIGHT they STILL should expect this!

What a moron!:dunno:

Top Bottom