Carry on US Army Corp of Engineers Land Revision Progress?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Yeah, I meant small relative the my acreage. Of course I'm taxed for that area. Heck, it's added as enhancement or modifier; I pay higher taxes for the lake frontage. But I had better not dare cut down a tree or plant a garden in that area. And now, as I have found out, I'm not allowed to have a pistol on my hip should I choose to walk down there and fish. Honestly, I don't mind keeping the shoreline wooded and no private docks. It would turn into a fishbowl like Geist if that kind of development occured. Yuck.
    And no permanent structures in the area. You can get permits for a certain kind of floaty temporary dock. Ransburg scout camp gets one for theirs. But its a pain in the arse, you have to move them as the pool level changes. (ask me how I know LOL)...

Heck, they will chase you off for swimming in unapproved areas..

On the other hand, we got all the 22LR we wanted from the Army (different department from the COE).. at the beginning of the season they would bring down some pallets from some base for us. Winchester or Remington standard vel 22LR... as much as we wanted.

Last edited:

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    all I can say is when the same government who granted you that right restricts it in certain zones, remember it wasn’t the lowly park ranger enforcing it who made that rule

my ears are still healing from all the chewing they got :):
    Maybe I misunderstood you here.
    Government doesn't grant the rights each citizen has that is found in our constitution.
    Those rights were according to the founders there from the creation of man, and it restricts Government from infringement of those God given natural rights.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Seyboldbryan
    Top Bottom