• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • minuteman32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    Central IN
    Looking on handgunlaw.us I found out that the CoE has basically done nothing to allow carry on their properties (land or water) other than state that they would do what they have done in the past, which is allow the District Commander authorize individuals in writing.
    So, for anyone interested, here is the info, followed by a link that appears to be the District Commander for the Louisville District;

"[FONT=&quot]The Corps of Engineers stated in a lawsuit two years ago they would make changes to settle a suit concerning carrying on their property. I have been watching for something concerning lawsuits and the CoE and their regulations on no guns on their properties. It looks like the CoE has decided not to really change anything but just tell District Commanders they can issue a letter to individuals giving them permission to carry on Corps property in their district. The Memorandum is dated May of 2018 and I have just found it. This was always in their regs but Handgunlaw.us had never heard of anyone being issued such a letter previously or even how to Apply/Ask for such a letter to carry on their property. I can’t find a form or anything other than a “Guidance Memorandum” sent out to all District Commanders. So read the Memorandum and find out who is your District Commander and contact them telling them you wish to apply for such permission. The Memorandum states the criteria for those wishing to carry on CoE property. It also states the Commander has Discretion! It will be interesting to see how they handle this especially if they get a lot of letters/applications/whatever asking for permission to carry on their property. (For my first rant of the year – “What really needs to happen is Federal Legislation to make carry on CoE property and all federal property the same as National Park Carry. That makes sense but then again when has the government had any sense!”) [/FONT]http://www.handgunlaw.us/documents/agopinions/CoEPermissiontoCarryOnCoEProperty.pdf"
    https://www.lrl.usace.army.mil/Abou...cle-View/Article/1258715/col-antoinette-gant/

I think I'll be sending a request soon. I kind of wonder what they would do if they get hundreds or even thousands of requests. Also, rejection letters would probably be useful in the eve of another lawsuit, too.

Top Bottom