• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    I too have been wanting to carry at Indiana State University. To my knowledge there isn't a chapter of Concealed Campus at ISU, but I would join it if there was.

Concealed Campus basic views as quoted from their site are:
    Students for Concealed Carry on Campus is a national, non-partisan, grassroots organization comprised of over 40,000 college students, professors, college employees, parents of college students, and concerned citizens who believe that holders of state-issued concealed handgun licenses should be allowed the same measure of personal protection on college campuses that current laws afford them virtually everywhere else.

I encourage you all to to visit Students for Concealed Carry on Campus - ConcealedCampus.com and start a local group.

If I joined that group, you can bet I'd never carry on campus again until I had every thing I paid for or wanted from that school.

Concealed is hardly concealed if you are out carrying CC signs or protesting.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    If I joined that group, you can bet I'd never carry on campus again until I had every thing I paid for or wanted from that school.

Concealed is hardly concealed if you are out carrying CC signs or protesting.

Just because you have a sign supporting the right to carry and expressing that you would like the school to stop punishing the exercise of that right does not mean you happen to be carrying at that moment. I've gone into gov't buildings as well as flown on a commercial plane while wearing a ball cap from in some cases, INGO, and in others, my local (now-closed) range, and I was unarmed by decree of law in both places.

I still support the right, but I also obey the law (or if on a college campus from which I want something, policy) If they want to challenge me to determine if I'm armed, they may feel free to summon a law officer to search... and without grounds for a search or an arrest, (as I will not consent, nor will I resist) I'll do what I can to turn it into a financial opportunity. I think it would be kinda fun to have the gun-grabbers' money given to me to use for pro-2A causes.

Blessings,
    Bill

Trujillo107

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 21, 2008
    NWI
    I carried my 9mm at IUN all the time. Myself as well as all of my military friends carried to class. Sorry but I don't much relay on leo's in lake county. Most of them are currupt or lazy if not both. Just seems like finding real crime now a days is just to much work for them.

Agan_08

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    Salem/Muncie
    there are so many super-liberals on most college campuses, anything regarding CC is going to get tons of criticism... I go to Ball State and there is a growing movement for CC here

Electron don

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2008
    Evansville
    Concealed Carry means CONCEALED

Unless you are dressed for the beach, concealed carry isn't a big deal. Put it in the back pack or briefcase after you are in the building. No one lets their laptop case get out of sight so keeping it close won't be unusual. Stop by the can on the way out and transfer it to IWB or holster etc. OH yes, DON"T TALK ABOUT CARRYING IT!. The gun that no one knows about has way more impact and effect than the one most people know about.

MuncieKat

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    Muncie
    there are so many super-liberals on most college campuses, anything regarding CC is going to get tons of criticism... I go to Ball State and there is a growing movement for CC here

I'm patiently waiting for the BSU students to really get their message out. Please push for it. There are BSU employees who would support the cause, but can't be the ones who make it happen. Students have the power on campus, if they are smart enough to get organized. Get our local politicians involved, too.

seawolfxix

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2009
    Kansas City
    Unless you are dressed for the beach, concealed carry isn't a big deal. Put it in the back pack or briefcase after you are in the building. No one lets their laptop case get out of sight so keeping it close won't be unusual. Stop by the can on the way out and transfer it to IWB or holster etc. OH yes, DON"T TALK ABOUT CARRYING IT!. The gun that no one knows about has way more impact and effect than the one most people know about.
    I thought about this awhile back, but then decided it was too risky. Even though I have my backpack with me 98% of the time, there are other times when it gets left unattended:

-leaving a computer lab or a class to use the restroom
    -working in the machine shop, where they force you to leave your backpack in the hallway

Although it's unlikely, somebody could decide to go through your backpack while it is unattended ... and who knows what could happen then. It just isn't worth the risk, in my opinion.

If you're going to carry a gun, it needs to be in your possession at all times, and I don't feel that I'd have that kind of control when it's in a backpack.

chiggins83187

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Whitestown
    I thought about this awhile back, but then decided it was too risky. Even though I have my backpack with me 98% of the time, there are other times when it gets left unattended:

-leaving a computer lab or a class to use the restroom
    -working in the machine shop, where they force you to leave your backpack in the hallway

as for leaving it in class, go to the bathroom before class...problem solved.

as for machine shop, how about a nice IWB holster? or a pocket size gun like the keltec p3at.

:twocents:

rmabrey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    I carry in an ankle holster every day and nobody notices, not even a classmate that carries regularly. As with most colleges the security is a joke at my school.

SedahDrol

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2010
    It's funny I get asked in class if I'm carry, cuz I'm very open about my support of my 2A rights. I tell people, that if I am carrying I wouldn't tell them, and trust me you don't want to find out if I am. There's only one place I don't carry and that is while I am working and that's partially because I have plenty of other options to defend myself (I work construction).

fwacfred

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2010
    MYRTLE BEACH
    I'm a full time student at Ivy Tech also. I carry every day while in class. I am also a reserve police officer and all my instructors know that I am usually armed and they like it that way. My carry setup up is an IWB holster with a Glock 36 and at least one spare mag. Today I wore shorts and a T shirt and you couldn't even tell I was packing.

CSK22

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    Stoplight City
    I'm currently in a Critical Thinking class and we are proposing an idea for carry at Purdue University. We are speaking with faculty about it, and presenting it to the class. We are documenting facts and taking surveys of students. Funny thing is, 2 of the members in my group don't even own guns, the other does but isn't a member here. It wasn't my idea, but I'm really excited.

Wish us luck!

live2hunt009

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2012

Tell me more about this I am a BSU student as well. And would love to try and help!

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jstan
    Top Bottom