• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyClay

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2010
    I know (or at least hope) that state law will not be suspended just because Indianapolis is hosting the Super Bowl in less than 2 weeks but as a LTCH holder and resident of downtown Indy, I wonder how this event will affect daily carrying. Does anyone know details of the increased security? (ie, will weapons be banned in areas where they aren't normally?)
    Also, interested in thoughts concerning law ignorance of an eastcoast/ international visitor crowd regarding our right to open/concealed carry and possible issues that might create.

Best,
    Clay

Vince49

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Indy urban west.
    Wild frontier

Take my word for it, everyone on the East coast especially New Yorker's fervently believe that everything West of the Hudson is a vast wilderness. And everyone West of the Alleghenies is a savage. They are most likely expecting to see John Wayne and Rambo milling around in the crowd. :rolleyes:

PS: They are probably more concerned with falling off the edge of the world when they get this far West. :D

elpenguin0717

Marksman
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Jan 31, 2011
    indy
    Take my word for it, everyone on the East coast especially New Yorker's fervently believe that everything West of the Hudson is a vast wilderness. And everyone West of the Alleghenies is a savage. They are most likely expecting to see John Wayne and Rambo milling around in the crowd. :rolleyes:

PS: They are probably more concerned with falling off the edge of the world when they get this far West. :D

Hahahahahahahahahahhah so true atleast there bring there money to spend Here hope it does the city good

IndyClay

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2010
    So, if you were considering coming downtown for the festivities (something I am debating even though I am in the midst), would you carry, or leave your gun at home? If you saw a mugging/assault right in front of you would you draw your gun (or pepper spray/other less-lethal)?...or assume Homeland Security has it covered?

elpenguin0717

Marksman
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Jan 31, 2011
    indy
    So, if you were considering coming downtown for the festivities (something I am debating even though I am in the midst), would you carry, or leave your gun at home? If you saw a mugging/assault right in front of you would you draw your gun (or pepper spray/other less-lethal)?...or assume Homeland Security has it covered?
    Oooooo good question:popcorn:

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy

I dont see why you would not carry.
    If you legally carry you shouldn't be affraid by the fact that you might see more LEOs downtown.
    Super Bowl or not im not going to let someone getting killed in front of me.
    But of course if the police is there let them do their job.

Vince49

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Indy urban west.
    Too much fun.

I am not planning on partaking of these festivities. I was born and raised about 1/2 mile from that other Indy sporting venue on the West side of town. I still live in the vicinity. Twice a year is about all I can stand of that much humanity in a confined area. No thanks! :D

PS: To answer your question about carrying though, I am never unarmed unless I am going someplace where our rights are denied such as a school, court house etc. Since we still need permission to exercise our rights I see no need to screw it up by committing a felony just for practice. :)

BiggEarl

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 16, 2011
    Cory, IN
    In Indiana we have the right to carry and for no reason should that be taken away for a special event. I would definitely carry and I would for sure draw on a mugging. Good questions though.

IndyClay

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2010
    Another question, (and this is posed completely as a joke), do you all feel comfortable carrying while there are Pats/NY fans around? They may a) steal your gun and pawn it. b) report it to a leo with hopes that the leo will confiscate it (so they can mug you later, as they follow you to your home). c) they brought their own illegal gun and planned to rob/kill you anyway...for $20 for a slice and beer.

indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There
    I don't think that we're headed downtown anytime in the next 14 days, but if I do, I will be carrying. I will probably conceal, but only by wearing an overshirt, it will still be OWB. It will be in a retention holster, however, rather than anything with an open top.

Would I be worried about cops? Nah, not really.

Would I draw down on a mugging? The 4 rules come to mind, but if it's a choice between breaking one of those and watching someone get really hurt, I'll clear leather.

euby

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 17, 2012
    West Newton
    Just being downtown i wouldn't worry about it and just do what you normally do....but you won't get into anything related to the superbowl packing. Every ticket I've seen for game/village/concerts/ etc.....no weapons is either first or second on the list.

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    If I am downtown (which I hope to not be during this zoo fest), I will be armed just as I am everywhere else I go. Why would I not exercise my natural right do defend my family, my property and me just because there is a football game in town?

Would I draw on some thug attacking a sheep who decided to relegate their individual responsibility for the protection of themselves and their family to the police or others? Probably not. I wouldn't want to make the sheep nervous by presenting a firearm. Maybe I would hand the sheep a bright shiny whistle with a hard pea inside of it and suggest they blow really hard.

Top Bottom