• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    a suggestion I thought of. Since this is more carry skills and not gaming per se, shouldnt we be encouraged to "get off the x" at the beep instead of being confined to a static competition box?

Of course that would require tape boxes instead of wooden ones currently used. (or risk shooters tripping)

Just thinking out loud...

(looking forward to Monday)

We did do just that (with the same wooden boxes) in the second match. I don't know if everyone knew why, but we did it as part of the stage procedure.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    If someone would like to purchase Steve's slot for tomorrow night get in contact with him and do so. Then let me know.

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    Looks like 2 slots are open, I can't make tonight either. Not feeling good.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    I was hoping to wait a while to adjust anything about this match but tonight makes that impossible.

We had something happen tonight that I have never seen. I did not issue a DQ because I cannot say that the 180 was broken with 100% certainty. I am 99.9% sure that it was. I only call what I know not what I think. Had the dropped gun hit the ground it would be a DQ. If the shooter got inside the trigger guard making that catch it would have been easy. If he swept himself making the catch it would have been easy. I can see the catch in my mind clearly. He did not sweep himself on the catch and he did not get inside the trigger. I know that. I lost sight of the gun between the draw and the catch. I think I know what happened but I do not know what happened. So I did not DQ.

I have thought about the situation quite a bit tonight. Safety is my primary function at these matches. If folks feel I let them down on that I apologize. I had a very hard time keeping up with the situation as it was happening. I have run thousands of shooters for a number of years. I have never seen this happen before. Had I issued the DQ I could not in good faith swear that the gun twirled or spun and broke the 180.

In the future anytime a shooter loses control of the gun a DQ will be issued. Loses control will be interpreted as both hands off the gun at the same time. This is in the best interest of safety for all concerned. This would of course not count when guns are grounded intentionally.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Had a five shot revolver guy in the match tonight. Kudos for the sack to show up.

Top Bottom