• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    So a friend tells me she locks her car, goes into the restaurant, (Greenwood) comes out and all the windows are down in the car! No sign of forced entry, nothing missing... what's going on here?
    Not your typical break in. Is this is a thing where ppl are getting your info from your registration? I'm starting to think I should secure my registration info better.
    It's not keyless, just keys with a fob. Electric windows so she either failed to lock it AND the windows work without the key or... well, I don't know.
    Anyone heard of this?
    Honda 2019 CRV.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Some cars/fobs have a feature that will roll down all the windows with certain key presses. Maybe she did that in accident.
    This would be my first guess. I can't do much of anything with my keys in my pocket without locking, unlocking, starting or setting off the alarm of my truck. When IMPD started buying the Chargers there were several incidents where the trunks would get popped unintentionally by the key fobs. I personally opened several of them up and physically disabled the switch for that function.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    Some cars/fobs have a feature that will roll down all the windows with certain key presses. Maybe she did that in accident.
    The fob only has lock, unlock, rear hatchback open, and a red alarm button. Is this function you speak of a separate button or could it be done with pushing a super secret combination of the above mentioned buttons?

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    This would be my first guess. I can't do much of anything with my keys in my pocket without locking, unlocking, starting or setting off the alarm of my truck. When IMPD started buying the Chargers there were several incidents where the trunks would get popped unintentionally by the key fobs. I personally opened several of them up and physically disabled the switch for that function.
    I hear that! I no longer carry my fob for that reason. I have as basic a car as you can get so the advantage of unlocking without the key, which I still have to have, is not as good as the annoyance or hitting the buttons on accident.

Reactions: Leo

qwerty

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 24, 2010
    NWI
    My honda does the same. When you press unlock twice and hold the button down on the second press all the windows roll down and the sunroof opens.

I have also had to modify the FOB on my ford as the panic alarm was always going off as well. Engineers....

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Another option: with a Honda and the key is off the automatic windows will go down Until the door is opened. She turn the key off, accidentally hit an auto down button on the door, and was distracted while she was putting things in her purse etc. Got out lock the door and pressed on Not noticing the window was down.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Completely unrelated, but more than a few years ago I was parked in a garage in downtown Indy working a part time weekend job. When I came out after my shift my car was unlocked and the inside smelled like cigarette smoke.

Some change in the ashtray had been moved around but not taken. Whoever had been inside never popped the trunk or they would have found my get home bag with a small amount of cash, a knife or three, and a couple of loaded spare mags for my EDC.

It was just really odd that someone had been in the car, rooted around and as far as I could tell, took nothing.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I do something similar all the time. My Kia remote has an obnoxious panic button on the back. If I try to carry a lot of stuff with my keys also in my hand, Its not uncommon for me to squeeze the entire assembly and set off the panic.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    You guys are awesome. Googled the make/model and sure enough, hers has that function. 99.9% sure that's what happened.
    My Ridgeline is the same way, probably had the button pressed too long or pinned in her pocket or purse.
    You can also roll up/down the windows by inserting the key in the driver door lock and holding all the way left or right without pushing any buttons.

Reactions: Ark

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Completely unrelated, but more than a few years ago I was parked in a garage in downtown Indy working a part time weekend job. When I came out after my shift my car was unlocked and the inside smelled like cigarette smoke.

Some change in the ashtray had been moved around but not taken. Whoever had been inside never popped the trunk or they would have found my get home bag with a small amount of cash, a knife or three, and a couple of loaded spare mags for my EDC.

It was just really odd that someone had been in the car, rooted around and as far as I could tell, took nothing.

Looking for drugs most likely IMHO…

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

They planted the tracking/listening device at that time.
    Left everything to throw you off so you would dismiss it as you got lucky.
    If they took anything you might have made a police report etc or investigated further.

Top Bottom