Can't wear a Jesus Saves shirt in the Mall of America?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Well that town is run by liberals. Wipe the dust off your feet from that mall and leave. Be interested if anything comes from this like an official “We hate Christian’s” from the Mall when pressed by a reporter.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Well that town is run by liberals. Wipe the dust off your feet from that mall and leave.

Honestly, no. At the time, yes, don't risk a trespass arrest, but that just caters to the continuing balkanization of the US. It's no different than banning Muslim attire from a business. Everyone should be free to participate equally in the economy, assuming they have the financial means to do so, aren't causing a health risk/security issue, etc.

Now, we know sometimes the video doesn't tell the whole story. Maybe the guy was making a disturbance prior to cameras rolling, I'm not judging the event from this distance, BUT just saying "eff it, let them ban Christian themed T-shirts" isn't right either.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Did I say anything like this? Where did you come up with I thought that, detective?

I think if you don't just cut out one sentence and quote my whole post you may have a clearer understanding of what I said. But don't waste another opportunity to feel put upon.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    The First Amendment provides that Congress make no law respecting an establishment of religion or prohibiting its free exercise. It protects freedom of speech, the press, assembly, and the right to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    I'm offended by it. Yes, I am a christian who has seen an increasing persecution of believers over the years, and this is just one small example. I also get offended when others seemingly downplay the obvious increase in persecutions and reply with statements suggesting christians are not the only ones.

Nonbelievers should be just as appalled as believers.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    From the Mall of America dress code:

Clothing/Attire

Appropriate attire, including shirts and shoes, must be worn. Inappropriate attire may include, but is not limited to:

• Apparel that has obscene language, obscene gestures or racial/religious/ethnic slurs that are likely to create a disturbance

Wearing a shirt that calls all other religions false seems to qualify to me. Nah, I can't see this causing a disturbance with Muslim or Jewish shoppers.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    From the Mall of America dress code:

Clothing/Attire

Appropriate attire, including shirts and shoes, must be worn. Inappropriate attire may include, but is not limited to:

• Apparel that has obscene language, obscene gestures or racial/religious/ethnic slurs that are likely to create a disturbance

Wearing a shirt that calls all other religions false seems to qualify to me. Nah, I can't see this causing a disturbance with Muslim or Jewish shoppers.
    And you agree with this?

Top Bottom