Can't wear a Jesus Saves shirt in the Mall of America?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Kneeling in front of the flag is confrontational to our beloved service men and woman who provide the freedom for which that flag stands for. Do those kneelers get asked to leave the premises?
    Depends on the venue, I suppose. A football game is not the local mall.

Did anyone threaten to lynch or shoot the guy because of his T-shirt?

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    I truly believe if this was challenged, the mall would lose.
    I don't know about that. I've seen businesses get away with banning revealing clothing, clothing with words, even clothing of certain colors. I support his right to wear that shirt, but I also support the rights of a private business to set the rules for their own establishment. If we are to support freedom, we must support freedom for all.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    On what grounds?
    Based on your standing, it would be ok for the mall to say anyone who wears a cross around their neck, has a tattoo of a christian symbol or "Jesus" tattooed on their body (or similar markings) is not allowed in the mall?

Christmas and easter must keep the mall security very busy.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Pretty sure it wasn't the Jesus Saves text on the front of the shirt that got him thrown out. That's a fairly benign message.

The back, however...

View attachment 248610
    I think it would be an interesting test case to just have the front or the front and back that says "Jesus is the only way" without crossing out the coexist that uses other religion's symbols.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    I was in a local Lowes over the christmas holiday and a worker had a t-shirt on that said happy birthday satan. Was I offended, sure I but let it go because we are America. People have the right to wear and say things that I don't like. It's the American way.

• Angry
    Reactions: Leo

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Based on your standing, it would be ok for the mall to say anyone who wears a cross around their neck, has a tattoo of a christian symbol or "Jesus" tattooed on their body (or similar markings) is not allowed in the mall?

Christmas and easter must keep the mall security very busy.
    The back of his T-shirt literally has a red line across all other religions. It's not the same as a simple profession of faith. It is calling all other religions false.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I was in a local Lowes over the christmas holiday and a worker had a t-shirt on that said happy birthday satan. Was I offended, sure I but let it go because we are America. People have the right to wear and say things that I don't like. It's the American way.
    You should buy a mall.

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    I think it would be an interesting test case to just have the front or the front and back that says "Jesus is the only way" without crossing out the coexist that uses other religion's symbols.
    And this is likely what got him removed. It likely wasn't anything to do with the statement of his faith, but the ostracizing of differing opinions that made his shirt controversial.

Top Bottom