• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rlfrye

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    The Tuck
    I went to FL to see my Dad and brought these home.
    Bottom is a Daisy bb gun, first "gun" I ever shot.
    Next one is a Russell Arms Co. double barrel. This one is a wall hanger, as Dad would not let us shoot it. Said it wasn't safe for us kids, and it still isn't, lol.
    Next one up is a Harrington &Richardson single shot 12 gadget. Dad said he was with my Grandpa when Grandpa bought it at a yard sale. Serial # puts this one from 1940.
    Top one is a Mossberg model 140k, that Dad taught me to squirrel hunt with. Need to track down a rear sight elevator for this.

I already told my oldest boy I will haunt him for eternity if he doesn't keep them in the family, when he becomes the caretaker of them.
    20220908_171955.jpg

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Next one is a Russell Arms Co. double barrel. This one is a wall hanger, as Dad would not let us shoot it. Said it wasn't safe for us kids, and it still isn't, lol.
    Next one up is a Harrington &Richardson single shot 12 gadget. Dad said he was with my Grandpa when Grandpa bought it at a yard sale. Serial # puts this one from 1940.
    Top one is a Mossberg model 140k, that Dad taught me to squirrel hunt with. Need to track down a rear sight elevator for this.

I already told my oldest boy I will haunt him for eternity if he doesn't keep them in the family, when he becomes the caretaker of them.
    View attachment 222787

Very nice treasures .... and exciting, for you, to become their caretaker ! :thumbsup:

tomcat13

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    Near Louisville
    Great to have Treasures passed down & Kept in the Family!
    Reminds me I need to get ours outta the Safe & Wipe em Down.
    Thanks for posting.

FNparabellum

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Aug 30, 2022
    Indianapolis

View attachment 222787
    I also hope my firearms will stay in the family. Unfortunately ive never had any passed down to me but enjoy seeing some of the unique ones others get.

COOPADUP

Accipiter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 8, 2017
    Hamilton County
    I have an old Winchester model 37 my grandfather gave me when I was 18.
    Nothing special except sentimental value.
    My only son will get this and must keep it in the family.
    Thanks for sharing the picture of your heirlooms.

rlfrye

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    The Tuck
    Most Mossberg .22s are sleepers, definitely hang on to that one!
    This is the rifle taught me to squirrel hunt with as a kid, it aint goin nowhere. From the looks of it, it hasnt been used since I was a kid, and I am 61 now. Lots of soaking and cleaning coming up.

rlfrye

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    The Tuck
    I also hope my firearms will stay in the family. Unfortunately ive never had any passed down to me but enjoy seeing some of the unique ones others get.
    I told Dad on a previous visit I wanted these, cause my siblings were not interested in them. They can have everything else, i dont care. He decided now was the time to pass them on.

yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana
    Have a sears & roebuck 12ga single shot that was my great grandpas that my dad give me & told me it was dangerous when I was little cause it had a hair trigger.

When I was 9 yrs old I went squirrel Hunt’n with my dad & wanted to take that shot gun.
    Never shot a squirrel with it but on the way out there was a walnut tree with a branch hanging over into the field edge & my old man told me to shoot one of them walnut & I shouldered that thing and as I touched the trigger it went off & I wasn’t ready for it & it about knocked me to the ground & I have never shot it again.
    She’s just a safe queen … But will never forget it & that was 50yrs ago .

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I am glad you got them and appreciate your love for them. I have some similar guns. We have gotten so many people show up here anxious to value such items so they can sell them right away. I always hated that.

Top Bottom