• 1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Well the title says it all.

I found out I have Multiple Myeloma and Bone cancer. And it has been a rough time. I am bless with good friends, family and neighbors that have been very loving and helpful beyond belief. I have also been blessed with a wonderful doctors. And the NP's and nurses are top notch. They have done everything to help me with being comfortable and finding treatments that are helping me.

Chemo sucks. But I am tolerating it fairly well ATM. I am currently on 2 types. I was on a 3rd it but it almost killed me :-( One plus is that it seems to be working. I am currently in remission. Praise god and I am so thankful. I have more time to spend with my family and my friends. I am physically comfortable. I am so blessed.

The really bad part is everything is so expensive and my insurance sucks. Most of my meds are not covered or covers very little. I am swimming in debt and circling the drain. It sucks. I had a ton of medical debt before this and now this happens. It really sucks. I am going in the hole every month and my savings is gone. I have been selling stuff and am selling about everything I own so I can stay in my home.

I have a gofundme. Even a few dollars is helpful. It pains me to ask for charity but I do not know what else to do. I know I have been blessed to be able to help others in this situation and I know that anything helps.

I have not been very active with shooting sports or gun project so I have not felt I could contribute a lot. I was reminded by a fellow member that there is more to this place then just the guns and sport. that I really needed to drop in. I feel bad for not being active. I will do my best to be more active. I have a lot of time on my hands these days.

Much love to you all. And my god bless you all.

OkieGirl

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    iti anunka (In the trees)
    ^^^THIS^^^ Seriously, please look into the study referenced above. Nonconventional treatments are having wonderful successes. There isn't any money to be made in broadcasting that information to the masses so they are hard to find.

I have a close family member in a second cancer battle. Here are a few things we've learned:

1.) You may have already made it through all this but if not...take a notebook with you to every visit, have a spouse or family member or close friend physically taking notes while you listen. Write in the notebook what each appointment is for (labs, visit with Dr, procedure, test) and make a note of who is asking for it (if it's your primary physician who wants labs or if it's the NP who wants an ultrasound or if it's your oncologist sending you to radiology). These notes help your sanity. You will feel like you've just taken a full time job and no one really tells you the rules or gives your brain time to absorb data. The notes are priceless. If you get a business card for the Dr.'s nurse or assistant ATTACH IT to the inside of your notebook. You will be communicating with them often. Some offices are getting better at providing binders or notes about treatments and treatment plans but some are still on a learning curve.

2.) Hospital Bills: There are programs and offerings that don't always get communicated well. ASK. The easiest is to ask to speak to a 'financial counselor' or 'patient advocate' and ask if they offer any assistance. There's usually some type of internal 'charity care' or 'gap care' program that will work like a secondary coverage and help with balances after your commercial insurance pays whatever amount they do. Also, keep the paper they hand you at the end of your visit and match that up to the statement from your insurance company. If the insurance company denies the claim AND states there is no patient responsibility...they cannot legally bill you for any balance and any copayment you already made should be applied to a different bill or refunded to you. Many insurance companies save millions from denied claims based on a diagnosis mismatch to treatment or a prior authorization that had expired or was approved for the wrong area. A denied claim sucks for the hospital but it means there isn't any responsibility to the patient. The statement from the insurance company will be important to keep and review closely.

3.) Medications: For my family member, the latest statement from the insurance had this year's bills north of $300K. The Dr's office had applied for assistance on their behalf for one of the expensive medications, they received a letter in the mail from the manufacturer that this drug for 2023 would be at no cost to the patient. There was also some help from GoodRX as well as a grant that helped with the first $15,000 out of pocket on one of the other meds. Cancer meds are insanely expensive and the out of pocket was expected to be in excess of the household income every month. There may be programs being offered tied to the specific drug or rebates or diagnosis based discounts. Just ask anyone that will listen and Google every drug and coverage program even searching out the manufacturers website.

We will keep you in our prayers as you go through this season and we will see you on the other side of it. Please keep us updated on your progress and thank you for posting your GoFundMe. Friday is payday and we will do what we can. Hang in there.

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    I can't recommend the dog dewormer treatment mentioned earlier enough. I have personally seen it work miracles in 2 people that were given a few months to live. One had stage four brain cancer, the other was stage 4 breast cancer.

The one with brain caner had all of the tumors shrink enough to have them removed and is well on his way to recovery after 1 year of the treatments.
    The one with breast cancer also had it spread to her bones. After starting the dewormer, the cancer in her bones completely went away and she had almost all of the breast cancer gone when she passed of a stroke after 2 years.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    Sending prayers. Don't rule out Ivermectin.

Do some research on it and the other possible cures, stated above. Twitter, of all places, would be a good place to start.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I can't recommend the dog dewormer treatment mentioned earlier enough. I have personally seen it work miracles in 2 people that were given a few months to live. One had stage four brain cancer, the other was stage 4 breast cancer.

The one with brain caner had all of the tumors shrink enough to have them removed and is well on his way to recovery after 1 year of the treatments.
    The one with breast cancer also had it spread to her bones. After starting the dewormer, the cancer in her bones completely went away and she had almost all of the breast cancer gone when she passed of a stroke after 2 years.
    My treatment plan is good. The cancer is not growing ATM. I am going to stay on this course.

There is no cure for blood cancer. As the doc said I have cancer from head to toe. I am stage 4. The bone cancer is a metastasis. It is likely I will get other cancers. I am along for the ride.

Interesting fact, My grandfather died of bone cancer in the mid 40's. He was 50 years old at the time. I wonder if he had Multiple Myeloma? He did go to Mayo back then, I would think they would have likely caught that back then. I will never know. They really do not know the cause. Could be something I was exposed to. We do not know.

Doc says it is likely I have had this for many years. It explains a lot of aches and pains and broken bones I have had over the last few years. The doc says my rib cage looks like it was shattered in a car accident. And my spine has multiple fractures. L1 was shattered at some point, likely withing the last year. And think I know when.

The cancer has taken the calcium in my bones and put it in my blood. My bones now break easily. I have been taking it really easy since I found all this out. It is a hard thing to get use to doing. I was a really active person at one time.

Thanks everyone for listening and thanks for the prayers and for the donations. I am forever grateful for everything.

Much love and respect to you all.

Larry

Top Bottom