Can you help to honor fallen soldiers and deceased veterans?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    My son is a member of the Civil Air Patrol (similar to JROTC). Each year, CAP is tasked with honoring the graves of fallen and deceased veterans.

I am sharing my son's message in hopes that INGO can help with sponsorships and with sharing this across social media. If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me......

My name is Jared Mankey. I'm a high schooler from Indiana and a Civil Air Patrol cadet (like JROTC). Civil Air Patrol works yearly with an organization called "Wreaths Across America". They give people the opportunity to sponsor wreaths that will be placed on the graves of fallen soldiers and deceased veterans during Christmas time. I would like to extend that opportunity to you, and whoever you wish to share it with, to see if you could help.

We believe that a person dies twice. Once when their soul leaves their body, and a final time when their name is last spoken on this Earth. Wreaths Across America and Civil Air Patrol try our hardest to make sure those men and women are never forgotten. It is an amazing and heart tugging honor to place these wreaths. I, and many of the cadets who work with Wreaths Across America, have broken down in tears while placing these wreaths and meeting the families of the lost.

We are trying to sponsor around 7000 wreaths for cemeteries in Northern Indiana. For only $15 (just one lunch or 2 Starbuck's) a person can sponsor a wreath for a fallen soldier. Large gifts and corporate sponsorships are gladly welcome.

Here is a video of our 2019 ceremony and wreath laying: ( Fort Wayne community honors veterans with Wreaths Across America ceremony )

Here is my personal "Wreaths Across America" sponsorship website. You or anyone you share this with can use this site to sponsor wreaths.
    Wreaths Across America

If you are concerned about this being a scam, or a hustle, please feel free to contact my Commanding officers. They would be happy to explain this in more detail, as would I.

Major David Ehrman
    airman.proficiency@comcast.net

Captain Anthony Vining
    tvining@capglrin201.com
    (260) 255-4684

Sincerely and Respectfully-
    Cadet Staff Sergeant Jared Mankey
    Fort Wayne Composite Squadron
    GLR-IN-201

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Sounds like a fine young man. Purchased a wreath. Look to be the first on your sons link. Hope there's many, many more to come

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    Wow! I knew INGO'ers were a higher class of people, but you guys are great! I didn't expect anyone to donate so quickly.

THANK YOU! For the past several years the squadron has not had enough donations to lay all the wreaths. My son decided this year that he wants to do everything possible to hit the 7000 wreath goal....which is a lofty goal.

The good news is, if he is able to get more than 7000 wreath sponsorships, then those will be distributed to other wings in Indiana and the region.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I'm in for 5 wreaths for a noble cause. Kudos to your son for his participation in honoring our Veterans. Outstanding.

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    Glad I visited this forum. In for 2, and thank you for doing this!

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    Make sure you follow through if you use PayPal, mine kinda wigged out and I just did cc. Could be me.
    Thanks for doing this!
    Good idea to mention this. I used PayPal, and the behavior seemed odd. I checked my account, and all funds were paid.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom