• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    So it sounds like we get nothing here? Am I understanding all this correct?

"The fat lady hasn't sung" - yet ... if I may use the old phrase. - WE HAVE UNTIL TOMORROW - so there is "a window of time".

CALL:
    We need to CALL ASAP – to let both Committee Members and Our Legislators know of our support for the Conference Committee Report #1. Please direct your calls to the Committee Members and Chamber Leadership, in particular:

Senators – 800-382-9467
    For - Senator David Long (R), Senator Rodric Bray (R), and if you want – Senator Greg Taylor (D), but I am not sure he can be swayed.

For Representatives, call 800-382-9841, for Rep Smaltz and Speaker Bosma, and for other Republican Representatives. And call 800-382-9842, for Rep. Pierce and other Democratic Representatives.

When you call – you simply need to tell them you’re asking (or urging) they support the Conference Committee Report #1 for HB 1214 for Firearms Regulations.

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    Has all of INGO called the state senators and representatives? WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR? Yes that was an invitation. imagine 40K calls? on 1 issue? (Perhaps I'm dreaming).

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    If you're on FB, Bray is responding to Guy Relford's posts. I don't have time to read and digest them now as they seem a little squishy but it looks to be worth a trip over to FB.

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    FROM FB:

Rodric Bray
    Here is my response. This post is not ACCURATE. I like and support Senator Sandlin's bill to allow a church to allow guns within it when it is has a school in it. It started as Senate Bill 33 and is now SB 1214. In fact, I heard the bill in my Judiciary Committee (which I chair) and voted for the bill on the floor of the Senate. I still support the bill. I will also point out I authored a bill this year (Senate Bill 237) which would take our 4 year license to five years and allow us to buy guns without going through the background check at every purchase because the background check when the 5 year license was obtained was in compliance with Fed. law. My bill passed 49-0 in the Senate. It did not get a hearing at all in the House. I intend to support Sen. Sandlin's bill and vote for it again. It is a good bill and it needs to pass. I do have a concern with one piece of the language that is currently in the bill. The bill says the lifetime license will be free rather than the $135 fee. While that does not seem like a big deal the fiscal cost to this is $20 million in our budget ($10 million every year). A lot of that money goes to local law enforcement and they use that money for training. Every law enforcement agency I know of is against this provision because they need the funding for training.

Also
    Rodric Bray
    I think we will get a bill passed.

I commented back - (as others have in support):

Senator Bray - you do recall from your committee hearing that these LEO organization were "NEUTRAL" when the funding / fee changes were to change on July 1, 2019, and even supportive. During the hearing - Rep Smaltz said the July 2018 date shown in CCR#1, for that change was a typo and would be corrected.

Please Support this measure fully. By withholding your are placing burden of this funding, on the 50,000 to 100,000 folks that are willing to pay a fee for an unconstitutional license. This is for a cost which is a benefit to all 6 million citizens of the state.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Has all of INGO called the state senators and representatives? WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR? Yes that was an invitation. imagine 40K calls? on 1 issue? (Perhaps I'm dreaming).

Done. Called all the above senators and representatives. Or left a message at least with a receptionist for the Senate and legislative aids for the house reps. Even the democrats.
    I've also been on the horn federaly today. My duty to the republic is done for the day at least. Tomorrow is a new day.

Along with you brotherbill I urge all of our fellow ingoers to please make these very important calls today! This is urgent. Fighting for your rights today is as easy as picking up a telephone and leaving a painless message. No one grills you or asks you for details except your name, phone number and maybe address so they can reply later. It's not shared.
    Just say, I urge you to support committee report #1 on HB1214. And say thank you. Easy peasy.

Brother bill thank you for making it so, easy for people to do this important work to further freedom.
    If people won't do the easy work of picking up a telephone and sending an email or letter, they will never do any hard work if it's forced on them.

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    I just called and spoke to a representative at Senator Bray's office and expressed my want of him signing off on this bill as is. I get the feeling he's not very busy answering calls since he picked up on the first ring and gave me ample time to politely express my thoughts.

Let's get the phones ringing!

jolly rancher

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2010
    Just took 15 minutes out of my day to contact the Senators and Representatives as recommended in this thread as well as my local state senator and representative to support HB1214. As stated before politicians have to take notice when hundreds/thousands of voters speak their mind on an issue but you must make the effort to speak your mind.
    JR

Viper1973

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012
    Just took 15 minutes out of my day to contact the Senators and Representatives as recommended in this thread as well as my local state senator and representative to support HB1214. As stated before politicians have to take notice when hundreds/thousands of voters speak their mind on an issue but you must make the effort to speak your mind.
    JR

Just called, Facebooked and Tweeted all of our problem statehouse critters....

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    CALLS NEEDED – TODAY – LAST DAY – CALL EARLY – The IGA Session Ends TODAY – Wed 3/14/2018
    – CALL TO support for Conference Committee Report for HB 1214.

We need to CALL ASAP (E-mail if you cannot is fine or other means such as social media) – to let Legislative Leadership, Committee Members and our own legislators know of our support for the Conference Committee Report #1. Please direct your calls to the Committee Members and Chamber Leadership, in particular:

Senators – 800-382-9467
    For - Senator David Long (R), Senator Rodric Bray (R), and if you want – Senator Greg Taylor (D), but I am not sure he can be swayed.

For Representatives, call 800-382-9841, for Rep Smaltz and Speaker Bosma, and for other Republican Representatives. And call 800-382-9842, for Rep. Pierce and other Democratic Representatives.

When you call – you simply need to tell them you’re asking (or urging) they support the Conference Committee Report #1 for HB 1214 for Firearms Regulations.

AND please SHARE this with as many like-minded folks – getting them to call as well. While repeated calls from a few people are good, a broader base of support will do more to get their attention.

This “SHOULD” be a slam dunk/knock out. However, the conference committee requires 4 signatures to move forward to a vote; 2 senators and 2 representatives. Ideally these are 1 of each from each party, but that can (and often is) changed when a member is being decidedly obstructive; as may be the case with the Democratic Committee members in this case. This is why we must also contact leadership!!!

We must call to urge his full support; to be more than just a few squeaking voices. And we must call leadership to urge their support for good members that will support this.

Thank you – In LIBERTY
    --- BB3

PSs:
    1) Here is a link to the Committee Report / Amendment: https://iga.in.gov/documents/2d1096eb

2) The video from yesterday’s hearing is here:
    https://iga.in.gov/information/archives/2018/video/committee_conference_committee_for_hb_1214/
    (you must use the pull-down menu and this may not play on all browsers; or you must remove the “s” after the http at the beginning)

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Went cleared hot on my Senator and Rep. The lady asked if I was calling for HB 1214/ conference committee #1 because of the number of calls they are receiving. KEEP FIRING!!

Top Bottom