• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    They're in session now - and I have no idea - cause I'm not sure what's going to actually offered.

Lucas is speaking on SB 303 - a school safety measure - but he's (a bit off topic) ... on "THIS" bill but not 100% ...

YOU ALL WILL NEED TO GO BACK AND WATCH THIS
    when it is posted if not up watching now... tore that up. but off subject for this bill and amendment.

jumpjet

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2014
    Indianapolis
    Rep. Lucas getting warmed up on this delayed fire alarm bill (SB 303), pointing out the absurdity of these band-aid fixes in light of the bigger issue of GFZs.

jumpjet

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2014
    Indianapolis
    They didn't take it up. Speaker gave Rep Hamilton a point of personal preference. The way she worded it, she regretted that we were not able to have a discussion about bump stocks, sounded like the bill is dead. I hope I'm wrong.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Too late, IF they are getting to SB 33 today. They'll vote the amendments up or down today if they get to the bill.

Well,that sucks. I did however send multiple emails stating I didn't support any gun restrictions including bump stocks. And I saud we needed to end gun free zones and allow teachers to be armed.
    As a parent and a veteran

jumpjet

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2014
    Indianapolis
    SB 33 is dead. It is possible that some parts of the bill and/or its amendments could get attached to other bills through conference committee however.

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    They didn't take it up. Speaker gave Rep Hamilton a point of personal preference. The way she worded it, she regretted that we were not able to have a discussion about bump stocks, sounded like the bill is dead. I hope I'm wrong.

Today is second reading deadline - or tomorrow if needed - it is not getting heard.

Politics isn't an easy game - but that isn't good; unless it is. but ...

jumpjet

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2014
    Indianapolis
    Possible but not likely - unless added by senate or conf committee to HB 1424 - it will not be done.

Procedurally, SB 33 is dead because it didn't get past 2nd reading. But, I agree with you that it - meaning the content of SB 33 and its amendments - could get added to an existing bill.

So now it sounds like we need to get back to calling our senators and reps at this point to try and get that done.

Top Bottom