• ...and so much more!
  • BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    The Southern Indiana R&P Club's Pistol Team is there now. They'll be there all this week for the pistol phase.

OutaAmmo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2010
    I am signed up from the Rimfire Sporter Match "O" and "T" classes

Telescopic, receiver or open sights may be used. Competitors who use rifles with telescopic or receiver (aperture) sights compete in the T-Class. Scopes are limited to six-power (6X). If a variable-power telescope is used, the adjustment must be taped. Competitors who use rifles with open sights compete in the O-Class.

OutaAmmo

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    Probably just the Rumbold for me this year and only because my team mates are counting on me. Maybe they can fit the NRA Championship all on Rodriquez this year... That would be sad..

I saw Richter last Saturday and he is going home after only shooting Pres 100, leg, and Hearst double because they want him to move to a diffferent hut after Hearst.

Housing on base is really screwed up.

Mog

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Does this make for much of a spectator event. I'm very interested in the sport and would love a combo road trip to this and the CMP.

If you want to get into Highpower this is a GREAT opportunity to watch and learn, meet folks, ask questions. And visit the CMP store! (Bring a trigger lock for your wallet!) :D Commercial Row is a Must-Do-- LOT of vendors are there with all kinds of great stuff you never knew existed, but now that you know you can't live without! You can get everything you need for competition there, including reloading components. No Hazmat if you buy it there and transport it home.

If, however, you just go to spectate-- it's like watching paint dry.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I'd like to attend the beginner clinic but we'll see...

I attended the CMP's Small Arms Firing School for Rifle last year with a buddy. It is really worthwhile, especially for one with an interest in CMP and/or NRA Highpower Rifle competition. The days on the range are long. Floppy hat, sun screen, rain gear and stool are a must.

I've attended the CMP's SAFS for pistol several times over the years. It is a little less physically demanding than rifle. It is also an excellent chance to learn and improve basic marksmanship skills with a pistol, especially if one is interested in NRA and/or CMP bullseye pistol shooting.

Mog

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Who's going for High Power?

Any Juniors going/anyone bringing Juniors for the Highpower matches CMP week? We need Juniors for the National Trophy Junior Team Match. We have one team filled but have one Junior team that needs an additional shooter. We also need coaches, scorers, and pullers (will pay for target pullers! :) Let me (Mog) know if you are interested in supporting Indiana Juniors at Camp Perry!

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    M9 EIC Pistol Points

I competed in this years M9 EIC Match. I placed 22nd and earned 4 points towards distinguished. Yahoo

Had a blast and accomplished my goal. I shot a 257 in the practise match and thought I had real good chance but the sun shifted and I didn't catch it soon enough. My groups were just as tight but 2 inches lower during the EIC match. Didn't take a spotting scope to the line because military coaches had theirs but didn't call shots during the real match..live and learn. Still got me 4 points.:D

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I competed in this years M9 EIC Match. I placed 22nd and earned 4 points towards distinguished. Yahoo

Had a blast and accomplished my goal. I shot a 257 in the practise match and thought I had real good chance but the sun shifted and I didn't catch it soon enough. My groups were just as tight but 2 inches lower during the EIC match. Didn't take a spotting scope to the line because military coaches had theirs but didn't call shots during the real match..live and learn. Still got me 4 points.:D

Congratulations! One of our club members just got his Distinguished Pistol Shot Badge. He earned his final points at the Kentucky State Conventional Pistol Matches in Lexington. He went to Perry to have it presented to him at the CMP awards ceremony this past weekend.

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    Congratulations! One of our club members just got his Distinguished Pistol Shot Badge. He earned his final points at the Kentucky State Conventional Pistol Matches in Lexington. He went to Perry to have it presented to him at the CMP awards ceremony this past weekend.

Thanks, I am pumped. Getting the points now after so long away from competive shooting really boost my confidence. I remember a few time as a young PFC sitting on the bubble waiting for the remaining relays just to get bumped out of the medals. Hopefully in few years I can get my distinguished badge and getting it presented at Camp Perry would be awesome.

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    Congratulations. What a boost after being away from this type of shooting for so long. Hey, you weren't fibbing, you really can shoot.....LOL:laugh:

Thanks!!
    I am tempted to go shoot the M16 EIC.:D

I am going to finish this year out in Bullseye and next year I will be all set for High Power. I just like too many types of shooting but service weapon is my my first love.

OutaAmmo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2010
    Camp Perry 2010

This was my first time to Camp Perry. Had a great time. I got to shoot in the rain in the 2nd relay in the Rimfire Sporter Match. Shot my scoped rifle in the 2nd relay in the rain and in open sites in the 3rd relay when the rain quit. I should have switched guns for the relays as shooting with my scope gets my best scores. Best finish was 10th place in the senior open class. It was my first attempt at shooting a Rimfire Sporter Match. I wish more clubs would put these matches on. Its a lot like shooting the AQT target at an Appleseed event excet you shoot at 50 yards for prone and sitting and then at 25 yards for standing. I learn a lot and need a lot of practice before next years event.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    I'd like to hit next year's, but I have no experience what so ever with these type of matches...anyone know of a primer to read on the subject or anyone who puts on a clinic?
    Wildcat valley rifle and pistol club just outside of Lafayette has a great beginners high power rifle clinic which is for exactly that purpose. It is about half marksmanship and half NRA and CMP style match protocols. I went in 2009 and thought it was great.

Top Bottom