• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    My Spypoint cam does a pretty good job. Took me a while to get it tweaked, but it sends 2 pictures to my phone and resets in 10 seconds. I was getting a lot of open air shots which turned out to be birds triggering.

The pics sent to the phone are decent. The ones on the SD card are really good. Had a stranger walk up and knock on both doors of the new place. Nothing was gone, and no idea why he was there, but I have a good picture of him just in case.

Roadman

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 21, 2019
    Nashville
    I have had the same issue on two of our properties. On one property, they are aware of the cams that they have not located and show it by wearing full face coverings. This has been mostly during ginseng season and they are after quick money.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    The Tactacam Reveal trail cameras are a really good option if you want a cellular camera. The price is excellent, the app works really well and the picture quality is very good, particularly at night.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    i bought a spypoint to replace the one stolen...... so far it is junk....send pics every 2 mins with nothing there.......no wind nothing moving....waiting on the phone for service..:xmad:

update....i have talked to them and filled out a RMA....will update

Last edited:

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    i bought a spypoint to replace the one stolen...... so far it is junk....send pics every 2 mins with nothing there.......no wind nothing moving....waiting on the phone for service..:xmad:

update....i have talked to them and filled out a RMA....will update

Mine was giving false positives. One set was because of a bird. It would fly to the camera but not be in the pic. Finally caught its tail. Moved the cam and no more bird issues. Had a weed that swayed in the breeze, removed it and no more issues. Also, since it was kind of close to a road, it would see cars driving by.

I changed the sensitivity down a little and no more issues where I have it now. Except that this time when the battery pack went below 50% I wasn't getting the texts all the time. It was still taking the pics, just not sending.

Purchased the unlimited plan after some asshat stole a trailer and mower from me. It stands guard now and I am pretty happy. Had some guy walking around the property. Got two good pics of him. Probably a census worker as I have had two others show up asking about the neighbors that won't answer the door.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    The Tactacam Reveal trail cameras are a really good option if you want a cellular camera. The price is excellent, the app works really well and the picture quality is very good, particularly at night.

Thats what Im switching to next year. I have a buddy who runs an outfitting service that swears by them.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Quick search didn't find the monthly (or yearly) cost.

Can you let me know? If this is so much better than my Spy Point, I might try one or two when they are back in stock.

The Spy Point has 100 pics a month free. I can drop it back in my storage barn to see if someone is snooping around. That's where it was when they stole my trailer and mower from my jobsite. <sigh>

EDIT:

Pro Plan

Unlimited

NO ACTIVATION FEES

$120 YEARLY

$10 A MONTH - SAVING OF 23%

$13 MONTHLY

ADDITIONAL
    CAMERAS

Monthly: Add a camera for $12 per month
    Yearly: Add a camera for $96 per year

Last edited: