Calling All Kahr people, how do you carry?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Glock Lover

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    muncie
    Thanks for the help guys. I just ordered a Bare Asset from High Noon Holsters. I just can't get away from high noon, I have had great luck with their holsters.

wbjenks

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2008
    Noblesville
    I carry both a PM9 and a P9. I have purchased OWB and IWB, Kydex, Leather, Crossbreed, Galco, High Noon Bare Asset for both firearms and my "J". I like them all. Some are more appropriate for some clothing and my need to keep them from other's eyes. A very individual decision. Try several and see what works for you. I believe we all have several boxes of holsters, looking for just the right one.

Do NOT buy a Hume JIT for the PM9. It will jam the draw most times. Several shooters have reported this problem. Mine went in the trash. For other firearms, not a bad fit. Good Luck in the search.

Last edited:

dblagent

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Bloomington
    My MK40 has been perfect for me so far, the only failure of any type that I have ever had was it once locked back with a single round left in the mag. I was not shooting it at the time, a friend was and he may have hit the slide lock as it was his first mag, and the first time he had ever shot .40 also. Never done it to me, but I shoot left handed so hitting the slide lock is impossible.

Shoots very nice considering the size the .40 is squeezed into imo. No trouble and very accurate shooter, can't say anything bad about it really. Heard the polymer series is more hit and miss though than the metal ones.

Glock Lover

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    muncie
    I carry both a PM9 and a P9. I have purchased OWB and IWB, Kydex, Leather, Crossbreed, Galco, High Noon Bare Asset for both firearms and my "J". I like them all. Some are more appropriate for some clothing and my need to keep them from other's eyes. A very individual decision. Try several and see what works for you. I believe we all have several boxes of holsters, looking for just the right one.

Do NOT buy a Hume JIT for the PM9. It will jam the draw most times. Several shooters have reported this problem. Mine went in the trash. For other firearms, not a bad fit. Good Luck in the search.
    Thanks for the info on the Hume JIT:cheers:

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    I'm also very interested in the PM9. I've read there is a 200 round or so break in period for the gun. Is that true?

I like the size of the gun, but the price keeps me from putting my money down.

Dogman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Hamilton County
    Bigum1969, look at more like a 500 round break in period. I did have a couple of times that it would not go back into full battery but after I put a new recoil spring in it has had no more problems. I had 7-8 FTE in the first 100 rounds. Because of it's size and weight it is my main carry in the summer months. Just like today it will be going to South Bend with me.

sparkyfender

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2008
    Southcentral IN
    A break in period is advised by most............

I have little experience with the poly frame models, although I do find them intriguing............

I own two Kahrs. Great guns ! [steel framed]

I would be the first, however, to admit the $ tag on some of their models give me pause, same as a lot of other people........................

I have had zero issues with mine, so I consider it money well spent. If I were to buy one that turned out to be a "problem child," I would probably be very annoyed..............

Might be the reason I have never broke down and purchased one of their polymer guns?

Dewidmt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    South of the Muscatatuck
    I wouldn't trust ANY auto until I put several hundred rounds through it. I bought my PM9 lightly used with 4 mags for $575 and haven't regretted it at all. My round count throught it is around 1000 now with NO malfunctions.....

wbjenks

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2008
    Noblesville
    I purchased the PM9 about three years ago. I ran the 200 rounds of FMJ and also had NO problems. I then purchased a P9 and had the same experience. I must have purchased two good ones. A bit on the $$$ side but, light and great defensive firearms.

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    Thanks for the information. I love its size. I'm looking for something that is really small and easy to conceal. I've considered the Ruger LCP and Kel tec, but i'd love to have a 9mm instead of .380. I think the Kahr could even be a good pocket gun. It's that $600 price tag I can't get over!

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I carry my CW-40 in a High Noon Holsters "Split Decision". The SD is an IWB / Tuckable non-molded leather holster that affixes to the belt via a metal clip...about 1.5 inches wide.

I HIGHLY recommend the CW pistols to anyone; can get extra mags at Sportsman's Warehouse for $25-ish bucks.

The pistol and holster are light enough to almost be forgotten.

-J-

strongcrow

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indy Central
    Yeah Guys, I have a CW9, which I carry in a Galco ankle rig, or a Gould & Goodrich SOB. Really small, and highly concealable for a BUG. I went to the range and blew 200 rounds for the break in and cleaned it up real good and never had another issue with it. SO no problems for me, although I have heard about issues with the other P and K models. Nice small backup in a 9MM, which is perfect.:thumbsup:

Roncho

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Which model of gun, and were they factory mags? I know the PM9s have had some reliability issues (chop a gun down that far and slide velocity and travel length start to really become critical), but AFAIK, the P9s and K9s have been good to go. I had some ProMags that sucked wind, and some factory K40 mags that came with 9mm followers installed (d'oh!), but otherwise no problems with OEM mags.

I was the one Lars observed having the failures with a 7 round mag. It was a PM9 with factory 6 and 7 round mags. Sorry to just be noticing this post, but I've been really busy lately and haven't been reading the forum as much as I usually do.

You can find a more detailed description of my issues on the second page of this thread:

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/handguns/5080-glock_36_vs_kahr-2.html

FWIW, I carry the PM9 in a Comp-Tac Minotaur MTAC IWB holster, and it is quite comfortable.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom