Calling All Kahr people, how do you carry?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dewidmt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    South of the Muscatatuck
    I own a PM9. I carry it IWB in a cheap Uncle Mikes Size 36 (same one that fits a J-frame, go figure). If I go with an OWB carry, it will fit in either a Yaqui slide or any belt slide made for a 1911. I've also carried it in a belt slide for a SIG 220 but there was a little bit of slop.

dblagent

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Bloomington
    Give me a week or so and I will be selling a Kahr MK40, love the gun but something has to go so I can get either a revolver, or a rimfire pistol.

But when I carried the Kahr it was in a basic Don Hume IWB holster, worked fine for me and it carries so easy, and shoots very, very well.

Dogman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Hamilton County
    Have a PM9, most of the time I carry it in a belt slide that I got from the NRA that goes between the waist band and belt, very very little printing. I also have a IWB Kydex holster from FIST, and a pocket holster from DeSantis.

jmb79

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Wyoming
    When I carry my MK9 Elite 2003, I either carry in a Matt DelFatti pocket holster, stong side, or I carry it weak side in a Raven Concealment Systems IWB holster. It all depends on what I am wearing and which other guns I am carrying.

Dogman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Hamilton County
    Ri22o, I don't know about the CW9, but there is a world of difference between the PM9 and the PF-9 when you shoot them in as far as how they handle
    I can shoot 100-150 rounds with my PM9 without any problems.
    I can't shoot 50 rounds with my PF9 without my trigger finger hurting, I don't find the PF9 a very confortable gun to shoot.
    Also the one thing with the PM9 is that the rails need to be well oiled.

Ri22o

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2008
    Speedway
    Ri22o, I don't know about the CW9, but there is a world of difference between the PM9 and the PF-9 when you shoot them in as far as how they handle
    I can shoot 100-150 rounds with my PM9 without any problems.
    I can't shoot 50 rounds with my PF9 without my trigger finger hurting, I don't find the PF9 a very comfortable gun to shoot.
    Also the one thing with the PM9 is that the rails need to be well oiled.
    Ok, thanks for the input. I wouldn't get the PF-9 as a range gun, it would be a smaller carry 9. So I would shoot it a little at the range, but that's about it. I have looked at the PM9 and liked it's size, but if I am going to spend that much I will get a G26.

I would get a small .380, but I want to stick with 9mm as that is what I am currently stocked up on.

Dogman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Hamilton County
    I know the Glock people will condem me to hell for saying this, but if I could get 12 round magazines for my carry 9, it would most likely replace my G26 that I qualify with under LEOSA.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I carry my P9 in a "Shirt Tucker" Kydex IWB from Comp-Tac.
    Comp-Tac : Products

Not the most stable rig, IMO; I've had some issues with it shifting around and coming off the belt. Using it with a heavier gun like my K9 just makes the problem worse. To be fair, my holster is a very early model from when the P9s first came out; it looks like he's improved the design somewhat. Still, his Gurkha or Pro Undercover would offer more stability, at the expense of the "tuckable" feature (which I don't use anyway).

I know the Glock people will condem me to hell for saying this, but if I could get 12 round magazines for my carry 9, it would most likely replace my G26 that I qualify with under LEOSA.

I won't condemn you; I'll just counter your comment by saying that if Glock ever comes out with a compact single-stack 9mm/.40 platform, my Kahrs are history. :)

Dogman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Hamilton County
    I agree with you, I like my PM9 but if Glock every came out with a single stack 9mm the size of a PM9 my Kahr would most likely never see daylight again.
    If other gun makers can do it I know Glock can if they wanted to.
    They might have to build a factory in the US to meet the requirements but I have no doubt they would make their money back plus a few dollars more.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    They might have to build a factory in the US to meet the requirements

They already make some of their frames in Georgia; eventually that will be the case for all the pistols sold in the US market. The slides and barrels still come from Austria, and that won't change anytime soon, due to OSHA restrictions regarding the Tenifer process.

Glock could do a LOT of things "if they wanted to." Historically, the problem has been that Glock Inc. (Georgia) pushes for a product that the US market is demanding, but Glock Ges.m.b.H (Austria) says no friggin' way. That's how we got the .45GAP pistols instead of a full-size single-stack .45ACP. And that's why we don't have small single-stack 9mms and .40s. But as I frequently tell people, a company that's constantly backordered 20,000 or so units has no incentive to listen... the demand for the existing product line is obviously still strong.

Sigh.

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    Of the people here who DO have KAHR pistols, Do any of you also have Keltec pistols? and If so, how are the reliability of each?

I shot a .380 Kel Tec over the weekend, and I've never seen a gun double feed as often.

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    I've watched a Kahr 9mm single stack have some serious problems with 7 round mags. That's enough for me not to trust them either. I guess for a "small" gun for carry, it's going to have to be a Glock26, or P2000SK.

appendix carry is looking more and more attractive for a BUG / In Car rig.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I've watched a Kahr 9mm single stack have some serious problems with 7 round mags.

Which model of gun, and were they factory mags? I know the PM9s have had some reliability issues (chop a gun down that far and slide velocity and travel length start to really become critical), but AFAIK, the P9s and K9s have been good to go. I had some ProMags that sucked wind, and some factory K40 mags that came with 9mm followers installed (d'oh!), but otherwise no problems with OEM mags.

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    No idea Shooter521, sorry :(

All I know it it was a 9mm, The standard mags held 6 and ran fine with that one. The extended mag held 7, I believe it was factory also. It ran if it was loaded with 6 but not 7, I think.

Either way, it did not inspire a lot of confidence in me.

Glock Lover

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    muncie
    Well everyone got a CW9 and love it. I will let you know if I have any problems. So far nothing. Absolutely love the size.
    I have had some Kel-tec's and hated every one (p-11, p3at). Not matter how many rounds I ran through them they had some type of problem every 3rd shot fired. And that was with many different types of ammo etc. They just sucked. Would never carry one as a BUG, especially on duty. If you have one that has run well great for you, I just had bad luck with them.

Top Bottom