• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Richard

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    What's everyone's favorate equipment loadouts?

I've been struggling a bit lately & I can't seem to figure out why, so I am thinking about redoing my equipment loadouts to see if that'll help.

I mostly use a pretty straight forward "run & gun" loadout, Soviet PPSh-41 w/drum magazine, .357 magnum, frag grenade, tabun gas grenade, bandolier perk for extra ammunition, stopping power perk, martydom perk (I was using second chance perk in this slot for a long time, but no-one ever seems to bother to stop & render first aid so I switched) & finally ordnance training to reduce reload time on tank turrets.

Anyway like I said I've been struggling a bit lately this week, it seems like I am really having to bust my butt just to break even on my K/D ratio, where as for the months prior playing it was not that uncommon for me to have two or three times as many kills as deaths per match.

But now it seems like I just can drop them before they drop me & I am not talking about Juggernaut perked opponents either.

It's not that I am missing either, I get a steady hit indicator when I rip off bursts but it seems like they just wont go down!

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    I've been using the slight of hand perk lately because I had been getting killed often while reloading and unable to shoot back. I know people hate it, but I also use martyrdom, even in hardcore. There's nothing that says, "Up yours!!" like a grenade kill after you are killed. I like the STG 44 with optical sight and a .357 revolver. I also like the Garrand and grenade launcher. I've gotten pretty good with long range shots with the Garrand, and I love that "ping". In fact, yesterday, I shot a real Garrand for the first time. It was Awesome!

Richard

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yea I sometimes use the STG 44 on large open maps like Seelow, Airfield & Cliffside, it's a little anemic in the power department but at least it's a scoped weapon that can reach out across those big maps but still gives you the ability to strafe from the hip in close quarters if you need to.

I really haven't used the Garand much, it seems to hit pretty hard but I thought that the fire rate time was to long, it seemed like I was waiting forever for the action to cycle so I could get my follow up shots off, it seemed especially slow in close quarter fighting where I am shooting it from the hip.

Richard

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I just played a couple of matchs using the FG 42, bandolier, stopping power & marty and was rocking the crap out of everyone, I had 5 times as many kills as I had deaths on both maps.

That FG 42 is just downright nasty, only downside is you have to reload it every 2 seconds because it burns through it's magazine so quick & even with the bandolier perk I found myself having to switch to my .357 after running it dry to go fetch a weapon off a corpse way more than I'd like.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    I pretty much only play Nazi Zombies as I am just not very good at deathmatch. I know it's a little off-topic, but I LOVE the Trench Gun/Ray Gun combo in that map...

Richard

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    VUPDblue,

Yea the nazi zombie mini-games are sweet, but I have gotten to the point where I wont join random zombie games anymore, because some idiot always opens a door we want to keep closed or runs down from our defensive position and gets themselves killed then we all get killed trying to revive him, etc.

lawrra

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Huntington
    For a sub I use the MP40, silenced, with multiple grenades, stopping power and second chance. I can usually bust out a 3 to 1 K/D ratio with that setup. For a rifle I use the STG 44 with the flash hider or the Garand with rifle grenades (same perks as above).

Now for Call of Duty 4, I use the G3 with a silencer, 3x frags, UAV jammer, and deep impact, for a lot of maps. I went 44 and 7 on Overgrown, and completely rocked the other team.

IMO hardcore games are the best because they actually go down from a single shot to the chest from the right rifle.

Richard

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    VUPDblue,

My only real complaint about the nazi zombie mini-games is that I get the "double tap" root beer perk song stuck in my head after buying it.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ifvMrprags&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Call of Duty World At War Nazi Zombies Verruckt - Double Tap Root Beer Song[/ame]

Lawrra,

Yea the MP40 hits pretty hard, it'll put someone in the dirt quick, but I hate the way the recoil bounces the sight/target picture around all over the place.

For COD 4 I usually go with a MP5, bandolier, stopping power, marty & for a sidearm an M9 because it adds it's ammunition to your MP5.

44 & 7 is outfreaking standing! that had to have put a huge ear to ear grin on your face!

Plague421

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Portage
    I usually stick with the semi-auto rifles. I like the gewehr and the m1a1, unless I get spawn killed multiple times or we are playing on Dome, then I bust out the PPSH. I use the Garand with a scope for my sniper weapon. All of my classes have camouflage and second chance. I usually have 2Xfrag or bouncing betty.

I only play with my friends on XBL. I am a PC gamer, the world of PC gaming is MUCH more respectable in the sense of the type of ppl you play with and the respect they have for each other. Not to mention the lack of in game voice for most PC games. I refuse to play XBL alone because of the ignorance and smack talk that exists on XBL. PC gamers know of a little thing called a "votekick" so if you are pissing everybody off, you are getting the quick way out. For some reason XBL has not readily implemented this MUST HAVE feature into many games.

Don't get me wrong, I can take some smack talk, but when it comes down to insults pertaining only to mothers, sisters, grandmas and the sexual experience that they have with other gamers. Well it just gets old. If you are going to talk smack to random strangers in a pre-game lobby, at least come up with something clever that will entertain. :D

xamsx

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    NW
    Alright, I'm probably going to be labeled a big loser for posting this, but check it. I have seven setups, but these 3 are the ones I use the most:

BAR (w/ bipod) & .357 w/ frag & tabun w/ bouncing betty's, stopping power, + deep impact.

This is probably the best setup I have, that I use the most, and that I'd be comfortable to use for all maps (even though I don't). Try it out if you haven't yet. The BAR with stopping power is pretty mean.. I'd rank it right under the MP40 with how fast it kills someone. Plus it's A LOT easier to aim and control while shooting than the MP40 (the bipod helps a lot with it's accuracy).

MP40 (w/ aperture) & Walther w/ frag & flare w/ bandolier, stopping power, and steady aim.
    I really only use this setup for Dome. The MP40 is the hardest hitting SMG, no doubt.. especially with stopping power. It's so easy to kill enemies by just hip firing with it, with steady aim on, it's almost like cheating ;)

Gewehr 43 (w/ aperture -or- suppressor) & .357 w/ tank grenade & smoke w/ satchel charge, stopping power, and deep impact.
    Use this setup for the bigger maps and ones with tanks. Satchel charges take out tanks so much more quickly and do more damage than rockets.. They're harder to get out near the tank, but if you see one coming and can determine it's path, throwing out both of your satchel charges and detonating them when the tank is right over them will destruct it 100% of the time (even if it's a brand new tank). Just throwing them on top of the tank will do some significant damage as well. The Gewehr has awesome accuracy, especially with the aperture, and is my favorite rifle (besides the M1A1).

Yes, this game is addicting and Team Deathmatch never really gets old to me.. even if I'm doing bad and cursing at my tv :):, all it takes is a couple days for me to get back to playing it for a few hours and, most of the time, doing better.

To all the 360 players: What are everyone's gamertags? We should get a small party going sometime and all play. We could make our clan tags be [INGO] :D

Who's excited for COD 5? I know I am. I hear it's supposed to be released by the end of the year and is supposed to be the sequel to Modern Warfare..

Richard

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Plague,

I normally use the PTRS 41 as my sniper rifle, that thing is just to much of a beast not to use, I've killed enemy snipers all of the way across from one set of steps to the other set of steps on the Downfall map.

I agree about the trashtalking idiot's, but the ones I hate the most are the amature DJ's or aspiring rap artists who use their mic's to broadcast/annoy other people with their crappy music/lyrics during a game.

xamsx

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    NW
    I agree about the trashtalking idiot's, but the ones I hate the most are the amature DJ's or aspiring rap artists who use their mic's to broadcast/annoy other people with their crappy music/lyrics during a game.
    HAHA, SO true! :cheers:

Richard

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Xamsx,

Yea I like the BAR but it seems like everytime I use it I always seem to run it dry to quick & then of course I have to go forage another weapon off a corpse.

But I can't remember if I was using bandolier or not (sometimes with machine guns I'll use betties) or if I was using double tap (I like to use double tap on slow shooting weapons).

I'll give it a go again using bandolier & stopping power and see how my ammunition supply holds out.

Lucas156

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Greenwood
    bull156 is my gamertag
    Mostly I stick with Modern Warfare and Halo 3 right now tho
    I haven't played too much WOW lately but would like to get more into it
    I only played the first level I think with a garand and hadn't really earned any perks yet...

Richard

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I just gave the BAR another go w/stopping power & bandolier, I didn't run out of ammo as quickly but I think it shoots to slow without double tap.

I'll just have to unlock the M1919 again (I prestiged), that one was/is my favorite, although the FG 42 is really nasty too.

Oh & I play on a PS3, not XBOX.

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    I dont play COD5 much online because of all the glitches. I got sick of idiots shooting me from under the map but this was on 360 and Ive heard alot of the glitches have been patched but I dont know. Ive not played it yet on PS3. Im still to caught up on COD4 online,Im to the point where I dont even care anymore as far as my K to D ratio,I just run around with the barrett,UAV jammer and clays and just shoot from the hip..sometimes I own and sometimes{most of the time} I get owned but it sure is fun :)

we play COD5 nazi zombies alot{the first one..havent played the new one much} usually 3 of us playing,once we all have enough to open the mystery box 3 times we go into that room,I guard the door,one guy watches the back windows and one watches the wall..I stand at the door with the PTRS 41 and let em start filing in..you can take out a whole line of zombies with one shot:rockwoot::): the ray gun is sweet too but I can open that damn box 300 times and never get it while my buddies can get it all the time.

Im gonna pre order the new COD soon "mondern warfare 2" I think it comes out early Nov.

xamsx

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    NW
    I just gave the BAR another go w/stopping power & bandolier, I didn't run out of ammo as quickly but I think it shoots to slow without double tap.

I'll just have to unlock the M1919 again (I prestiged), that one was/is my favorite, although the FG 42 is really nasty too.

Yeah, it is a slow shooter, but it only takes a few rounds to put someone down when you have stopping power on and I think that makes up for it. I think it holds up fine against anyone's PPSH or FG42 (regardless of what perks they have with it).. and as from my experience when using those guns, it almost takes a full mag to kill someone. I'll still use them from time to time though, as both of those guns are included in my other setups that I didn't list. What you use really ultimately depends on what map you're playing.

Oh & I play on a PS3, not XBOX.
    Awww :crying:
    Sounds as if we both know what we're doing when we play. We could've had some fun killin' together!

xamsx

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    NW
    I dont play COD5 much online because of all the glitches. I got sick of idiots shooting me from under the map but this was on 360 and Ive heard alot of the glitches have been patched but I dont know.
    Yeah, they have fixed all the glitches. There were quite a few that were found out and used by cheap-o cowards when the game had been out for a few months, then those were fixed, but a couple more were discovered after they patched the first ones and not too long after, those were patched as well.

People who used the glitches are just as bad as the people who will tank-sit a whole match.. and juggernauts, IMO :):

Im gonna pre order the new COD soon "mondern warfare 2" I think it comes out early Nov.
    For sure.
    I called it COD 5 in this thread earlier.. I should have said COD 6, since WAW is technically COD 5, ha :n00b:

Richard

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Relic,

Agreed, but every game I've played, no matter how well designed & coded has had something overlooked when they were released, however I do believe that Treyarch has done a pretty good job of patching them all except a couple (multi-weapons glitch & zombie pathing glitch) in the Nazi Zombie mini-games.

For the zombies I usually snag me a couple of shotguns of some sort off the walls after I buy the slight of hands perk & rock them pretty hard, the ray gun is nifty but I don't like how slow the rings go & I hate the lethal blow back that kills you if you shoot something that's to close to you.

Xamsx,

True, I've a couple different loadouts for various maps, a panzerfaust guy for tanks & a machine gunner & sniper toon for when I am feeling lazy and just want to provide some firesupport.

But when I get a groove going and want to do the "run & gun" thing I generally prefer submachine guns, I was just using an MP40 (swapped out my PPSh) & while the recoil bouncing the sights around is annoying it is an extremely hard hitter and ammunition is usually all over the ground for it because so many people use it.

Top Bottom