• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Which is the worst form of hell? Working in a call center, or having to call into a call center?

• Working in a call center (as an employee) is the bigger hell.

Votes: 10 43.5%
    • Calling into a call center (as a customer) is the bigger hell.

Votes: 13 56.5%

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    No wonder they wrote us out of the script: we kept telling them what they didn't want to hear. Didn't matter that it was the truth.
    I’ve noticed that if you want to be on a promotion track it is better to be a cheerleader who can get little done than it is to be a person that asks questions.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Hey, so I called earlier and you reset my log on, and well I forgot it, so I tried my old password and I am locked out again.

Every monday we had 3 or 4 people do this.

I started my short lived IT career on a help line in a call center. Among other things, we were the tech line for "People PC" which was a subscription service that bundled a computer, internet access, and tech support into one monthly payment (I think they updated the computer every 3 years or so? Anyway...) and a lot of the customers were *not* computer people. That's ok, people have to learn somehow, and the vast majority were ok to deal with. Sometimes you got some interesting ones, though. My most memorable was walking through all the diagnostics on a broken CD drive with no result, transferring them to the hardware repair vendor, and then learning the CD player worked but the user though the data side was the label side and was putting them in upside down. I learned a new question to ask...

People sometimes got frustrated when you had them do dumb steps like "verify the monitor is plugged in", but when that resolved some surprisingly large portions of calls...well we did it for a reason.

It wasn't a *bad* gig, but getting promoted out of help desk into the real IT dept was something of a relief.

Jsomerset

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 31, 2016
    Somerset
    Had to deal with one just this past Friday. They use to be at least a little understandable but now I guess they don’t want any that are able to communicate. The just of it was once I started to cast aspersions upon his mother & daughter his English got progressively better and by the time I made it to Granny preforming certain acts upon bulls in front of the hall he was fluent and he asked which is dis hall you speak of and I replied I didn’t realize they had a circuit they followed but I saw them there in front of that Taj joint in Agra. He then started showing off his muddrduckn docduker rantsbility. I left left him with his thoughts at that point. One of my more satisfying conversations with a call center.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I do Product Management (among other things) for a contact center. Interesting business, to say the least.

I HATE calling into contact centers. Mostly 'cause I know how they SHOULD be running, and most are not.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    I love it when one who is working the call center wants to give the worst service ever.

I let them kjow I am not affraid to spend a gpod time of my day making small talk with thwm to wreck their call times. Usually gets better results.

Chalky

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 30, 2019
    Central IN
    A lot of times I just use chat if at all possible. Usually easier to understand written words than spoken ones.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Crazy, I recently discovered there's a fb page devoted to your family. Patriarch went by "Devil". That's some good fam drama, right there.
    "Devil Anse" was a Hatfield, that would be my side.
    I have half as much McCoy blood as Mom (my Mom, not @mom45 ) don't get on her bad side ;)
    Ever get any phone calls for a reunion? My families gotten a couple.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009

CPE1704TKS

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2012
    I voted for working in the call center. I was forced into working our customer help desk for about 6 months and it was the most miserable, life sucking experience of my career. It was the closest I have ever come to quitting a job on the spot. You get grilled over metrics. I got a lecture for not logging back in from lunch fast enough and went over my lunch break by 2 minutes. This was not as a new employee, but as a senior rep with over 10 years with the company. Never again...

Top Bottom