California Man Who Defended Himself From Two Robbers…

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cynical

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 21, 2013
    peru
    We don’t live in a police state, that’s right wing crazy talk. Umhumm... meanwhile the thugs and gangbangers get to keep their weapons. I went on leave with an Army buddy who lived in San Diego in 1989 and in one day knew that this isn’t the place for me.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    If he doesn't get his family out of California, he's gonna find himself bleeding to death in front of his house while these same bandits pick the keys off him and let themselves in.

Police just went on TV and told every criminal in the city that he's going to be unarmed when he pulls up to his house.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    The same thing would happen here in Indy if somebody defended their home/family with a firearm against two robbers.

The police would swipe their firearm, never have it returned anytime soon ( if ever ), and they'd be defenseless unless they had access to another one.

xwing

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Greene County
    The same thing would happen here in Indy if somebody defended their home/family with a firearm against two robbers.

The police would swipe their firearm, never have it returned anytime soon ( if ever ), and they'd be defenseless unless they had access to another one.

Big difference. Yes in many places the firearm used for self defense would be held for evidence. (In fact, you should be prepared to lose your firearm forever if you need to save your life or that of your family. Even though it's not right, it's a trade no-one should have any qualms about. I'd much rather have my family and myself still alive!)

But in Indiana, they won't (and can't) pull your license for daring to clearly defend yourself against thugs. (Not that it matters any more since 7/1/22.) So you just grab your backup gun and continue to keep your family safe.

eric001

Vaguely well-known member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Hell, here in Indiana, if such a thing were to happen to one of us... the proper thing to do is to put a WTB thread up and ask for INGO to help out with a decent deal on another copy of the same gun. I'm betting it would happen sooner than later.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

Two is one and one is none

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    So someone explain why any sane person continues to list California as their state of residence?
    It is possible to make serious bank there in the right profession. I'm not sure everyone who continues to live there is honest with themselves about the extra costs of living there when thinking about leaving, though

For example, I know a guy who has his own business doing site plans for housing developments including navigating all of the state legal and paperwork requirements for the client as well as developing detailed plans for how much earth is to be moved and from where to where to maximize utility of the site and accommodate the various environmental concerns. His company has all the work it can handle and he is making a great deal of money. To pick that up and try to re-establish it somewhere else from the ground up would be very difficult and perhaps even impossible, so he lives far outside the city limits of LA (more than two hours) but still close enough to attend needed meetings etc. His local municipality and sheriff are not caught up in gun control fever and his house could easily double as a fortress. He's not going anywhere until he gets old enough to want to retire

Kdf101

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Sullivan County
    I lived in N Cali for a year, military, and it was great. Awesome country, lots of local,produce, and great people. The area I was in was pretty conservative. Expensive though, super expensive. My experience, and is it super limited and only my experience, is that rural and small town California is fine. It is the big cities that ruin the state. My experience may be an outlier though.

Top Bottom