• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Skip

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    12 miles from Michigan
    I at least used name brands as similar. I didn’t tell him to keep his Bersa or HiPoint.
    The point is, the point you raised is, cars are cars, guns are guns but now they really aren’t.
    No one takes a Bersa to a Bullseye shoot even though it is still a gun. They will take a highly tuned 1911, PDP, CZ or whatever and have a much better chance of coming home a winner.

;)

gassprint1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 15, 2015
    NWI
    Pretty sure no one is talking about dragsters.

:rolleyes:
    Point was derived about the comment that a gun is a gun is a gun and was then used with a racing analogy to show they are not the same. Just because a 9mm and a 45 are guns doesn't mean they are the same. See what I'm referring to now?

planedriver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 20, 2009
    gone
    I have never been a fan of glock. I admit they are serviceable guns, dependable and many people would argue the best gun of its type in production.

The bottom line is use what you like, change as you wish but don’t do it because somebody says something else is the next big thing.

I thought lever actions were good rifles in the 80’s before they became cool again 10 years later.

bf5565

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2011
    Elkhart
    So you ditched a G**** simply because you got tired of hearing the word?
    No I actually like the springfields a whole lot better then Glock. Shoots better and conceals cleaner in my eyes. And all glocks look the same which drives me nuts.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Gosh I sure hope so. At the current rate that I am using up my 45GAP ammo, I'll need more in only 30 years. Hopefully, I can find a 357sig platform soon so I can make that 45GAP ammo last longer. :stickpoke:
    Stocking .357 Sig ammo will make you really appreciate what you spent for 45 GAP.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I'm not a Glock fanboi by any stretch, but I do admire their commitment to their just cause. That being the manufacture of simple, reliable duty pistols. They have held true to that cause throughout the decades while other manufacturers have chased the design of the day or put out questionable 'innovation'.

We need both types of gun makers, and I give Glock props for staying true to their cause.

BackFromDC

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 19, 2023
    Jeffersonville
    I was kind of upset when visiting the Glock booth at the NRA show in Indy, it doesn't seem like anything new except incremental updates. However, I have Gen4 I bought right when they came out and still love it. Yeah a lot of Glock bits aren't top of the line, but the aftermarket support is unmatched. Lot of people make slides, triggers, barrels, etc. I ended up getting an Agency Arms slide for a wedding gift.

But...I did go to the Walther booth too and have to say....the PDP is a better gun out of the box. I especially liked the PDP F-Series, since it came in a 3.5 inch.

chadm

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 30, 2016
    West side of Indy
    The point is, the point you raised is, cars are cars, guns are guns but now they really aren’t.
    No one takes a Bersa to a Bullseye shoot even though it is still a gun. They will take a highly tuned 1911, PDP, CZ or whatever and have a much better chance of coming home a winner.

;)
    Yes but I still find that the old adage rings true “Beware the man with one gun, he knows how to use it.”

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    I was kind of upset when visiting the Glock booth at the NRA show in Indy, it doesn't seem like anything new except incremental updates. However, I have Gen4 I bought right when they came out and still love it. Yeah a lot of Glock bits aren't top of the line, but the aftermarket support is unmatched. Lot of people make slides, triggers, barrels, etc. I ended up getting an Agency Arms slide for a wedding gift.

But...I did go to the Walther booth too and have to say....the PDP is a better gun out of the box. I especially liked the PDP F-Series, since it came in a 3.5 inch.
    There are nothing wrong with incremental improvements. It shows a manufacturer knows what is good from the original design and strives to make it better and better along the way. It’s like something the American car manufacturers have never understood but the German manufacturers have lived by for decades. For example Porsche and Mercedes; great original designs for the most part and steady improvement of the breed. My :twocents:

walkercolt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 31, 2011
    Northeast Indiana
    For decades I really disliked Glock, then today I picked up a brand new 43x MOS.

My main pistols have been a Colt Combat Commander and several single action revolvers that I love, but with the addition of the Glock I'll have a smaller light weight, reliable pistol in 9mm.

Top Bottom