• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chasekerion4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    So I went around Indy today looking for my next gun.

I went to the only place around that had CZ 75's in stock, as this is the one I'm looking for. I'd also like to find a Berette 92, but it's not a must have once I find the CZ.

Here's the problem. I'd like to find a 75 in the satin nickel finish. No such luck; black only. "Let's order one!" Not so much; distributors get whatever in and it goes right back out.

I heard a live report on CNBC last Friday that Beretta has a backlog of backorders until late 2010.

A $500 gun and I've gotta wait until god knows when. Sure I could go to gunbroker, but I like to see, touch, and feel before I buy.

We're not talking about a custom 1911 made by hand in a warehouse in Timbuktu. We're talking about an every day, run of the mill regular ol' gun that before now, was readily available.

Pathetic.

I know we all bitch about ammo availability, but no one complains about gun availability.

Personally, I didn't 'pull the trigger' so to speak. I've got to debate on whether or not I want to spend $550 after tax to settle on a gun that I want but in the wrong finish.

How many of you have "settled" on a gun purchase because you couldn't find what you REALLY wanted in stock?

Bubbajms

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Delphi, IN
    I've been close - when I was looking for a Sub2k Carbine in .40 Caliber for the Glock. I was about to toss the whole idea when an awesome INGO member came to the rescue..

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    How many of you have "settled" on a gun purchase because you couldn't find what you REALLY wanted in stock?

< raises hand............

I (long ago) wanted a SP101 and settled/jumped at a GP100.
    I sold off the GP a few months later and got the 101.

Wait and look you will be happier getting what you want.

OTOH
    "Having is not as pleasing as wanting, it is not logical but often true." - Spock ;)

sswheeler

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2008
    Indy
    i just bought a blk/grn p22. I wanted a blk/camo but couldn't find one. I couldn't even order one. Oh well, I'll just play with this one till I can find the one I really want then trade up.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    I've had VERY good luck on Gunbroker on "run of the mill' items like you are talking about but I understand the touch/feel mentality. I would try to get a really good buy on gunbroker and then if it's not satisfactory sell there and get your money back..

"Life is tough, and it's even tougher if you're stupid"---John Wayne

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    you might check out darrels custom firearms in Cayuga. Last time I was there he had 5 or 6 CZ75s, so you never know what he may have now. Seems he likes to sell the CZs!

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    I am too poor to buy cheap. I usually end up buying online. Local dealers want to rape me for a "specialty" item. (i.e. something from Sig's custom shop)

The good thing is many companies are expanding. Who knows, by 2010 many companies might be producing 2x the guns they are now.

More money in the gun market means they have more swing. Also more gun owners mean more voters. HOORAY!!!

Split

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2009
    Evansville
    I came close this weekend. I want Glock 27 OD, they had a 23 in OD for the right price, also looked at the XDm and XD Subcompact in .40.

None are the size of the 27 and for me personally, the XD Slide just seems too top heavy, I still can't get behind it fully.

My way of not moving to a different handgun this time is to order the Supertuck for the G27 before I get the gun.

Taipan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2009
    Greenfield, IN
    I went in to the gun shop specifically to buy a Walther that I could CC. I wound up buying my beloved little Russian instead due to price. I couldn't be happier that it worked out that way!!!

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    Never. Too much money; too important of a purchase to buy something I'm not sure of. I buy for keeps, not to trade or sell later. Have never gotten rid of a gun for any reason.
    Oh, wait, I did "settle" when I bought my S&W 327. I wanted it with an unfluted cylinder, but they don't make the 2" version with the unfluted cylinder, so I bought the regular one. I'm still thinking of shipping it to S&W to have a new one fitted.

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    it is just plan ridiculous i mean guns that use to be 400 are now 600 and what is the deal w/ ammo. i mean 380 costing more than 45 ammo its just sick. hopefully it will straighten its self out in the coming year

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2009
    +1. i cant tell you how many LPs i have bought over the years because of availability and/or good prices....but it wasnt till i finally bit the bullet and bought the guitar in my avatar did my urge subside.
    Man, I want a real 1959 Les Paul so bad! One like Billy Gibbons "Pearly Gates" would be the dream guitar! :rockwoot:The firearm I settled on was a Black Microtech STG 556. I wanted a Green one but couldn't find one. Now that I bought mine I see them all the time. I bought it a heck of a lot cheaper than they go for now though!:yesway:

Top Bottom