• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • navarre1095

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2010
    Meth Vernon
    This weekend at Gencon Indy whilst strolling about in the convention center taking in the sights and smells (Gamers don't bathe).
    A man points at me and exclaims in a loud voice, "Oh my God! That man has a gun!"
    To which I replied, "Dude, are you f@#%&*@g serious?"
    A bit later I was stopped and informed by another that open carry was illegal in Indiana.
    Yes, I am a nerd.
    10612732_10201705236070922_4949146121680376777_n.jpg

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    More Liberal loons. :laugh:

Who was the guy that made that statement? LEO, security, or just some random yabo? And why would it be his business?

Indysioux

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Carmel IN
    So, what you are saying is that you ran into several individuals who can stay up for days blasting and blowing up everything they see on a TV screen, but freak when they see a real gun :):

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Not illegal but definitely in violation of Gen Con rules. If that's you, you're lucky they didn't evict you from the building.

From GenCon's weapons policy:
    Weapons and items that appear to be weapons are not allowed at Gen Con. Self defense, recreational and utility items such as knifes, tazers, pepper spray, BB guns, cap guns, air-soft weapons, paintball guns, water guns, martial arts weaponry, including wooden practice weapons, etc, are not welcome, even if it is lawful to own and carry them in other public places. Off duty security, law-enforcement and military personnel are not allowed to bring their weapons to Gen Con. Items resembling futuristic weapons, fantasy weapons and non-projectile boffer weapons may be allowed provided they are not handled in a careless, threatening or destructive manner against persons or property.

Questionable items can be brought to the Information Desk in the convention center during operating hours to be checked for compliance with this policy. Some events may provide exceptions to this policy under strict circumstances defined by that event. Items purchased in the Exhibit Hall that violate this policy must be wrapped and immediately removed from the convention premises.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    OK, I know I'm old and out of touch, but, what is a "boffer" weapon ?

boffer_long_blades__april__by_leiph-d3e94bq.jpg

Be afraid.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Didn't go this year, but CC'd last year and nobody complained (fancy that) so the concealment seems to have worked. Just not gonna go someplace naked voluntarily. They can bite the wax tadpole if they think I will.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

Weapons and items that appear to be weapons are not allowed at Gen Con. Self defense, recreational and utility items such as knifes, tazers, pepper spray, BB guns, cap guns, air-soft weapons, paintball guns, water guns, martial arts weaponry, including wooden practice weapons, etc, are not welcome, even if it is lawful to own and carry them in other public places. Off duty security, law-enforcement and military personnel are not allowed to bring their weapons to Gen Con. Items resembling futuristic weapons, fantasy weapons and non-projectile boffer weapons may be allowed provided they are not handled in a careless, threatening or destructive manner against persons or property.Questionable items can be brought to the Information Desk in the convention center during operating hours to be checked for compliance with this policy. Some events may provide exceptions to this policy under strict circumstances defined by that event. Items purchased in the Exhibit Hall that violate this policy must be wrapped and immediately removed from the convention premises.

Off duty law enforcement?

navarre1095

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2010
    Meth Vernon

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      123.7 KB · Views: 66
    Last edited: