But I thought only the POLICE were worthy of packing heat.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    Brain fart. Allow me to revise.

Still, one would think the color alone would be a big enough tip off that the two small Latino women in the cab were not the one big black man they were looking for... but hey, that's just me.
    Easy to assume so in daylight after the fact. Not so much in the dark with no lights.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    For the sake of argument, let's assume that was a valid excuse (it's not). What prompted them to start firing in the first place?
    Well, even if I wasn't driving a vehicle resembling what they're looking for I wouldn't be dumb enough to attempt to "creep by" a congregation of LEOs working this search in the dark with my lights turned out and unanounced or non-responsive to verbal warnings when they are already on high alert from dangerous life threatening acts....

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Well, even if I wasn't driving a vehicle resembling what they're looking for I wouldn't be dumb enough to attempt to "creep by" a congregation of LEOs working this search in the dark with my lights turned out and unanounced or non-responsive to verbal warnings when they are already on high alert from dangerous life threatening acts....

That's not what I asked.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    That's not what I asked.
    Then you didn't read it....

If you're looking for "just cause" that will be for the courts to decide. All I'm saying is that what the media has reported thus far is completely LACKING of ANY REAL details as to what ACTUALLY happened. Making any judgements to the situation ignorant and irresponsible.

Of course, we can always create another Treyvon Martin case. Condemn them all. We know what actually happened. The media told us so.

Light

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 9, 2012
    Near Fort Wayne
    Back side of the coin a moment if you will. (Do not agree with what he did, but understand what he did here in a fight against your enemy) Killing the former Captains daughter that acted as his representation in his firing was sick and twisted. But if you want to hurt your enemy do you just kill him and it be over in a moment, or hurt him in away that will mentally hurt him and haunt him for the rest of his life? Cause friction in his family, make his family question what he did to get his daughter killed? See where I am coming from? The V.C. used this tactic to keep village chiefs in line. I am not sick and twisted just have read alot about the V.C..

Anyone else read this paragraph?

I don't necessarily agree with the route he is taking to do this, but how else would you go about solving a corruption like this? Mexico is trying to do the same thing, but in the legal route and it doesn't seem to be getting any better. :dunno:

Also the most fitting movie is "Law Abiding Citizen" with Gerald Butler.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Then you didn't read it....

If you're looking for "just cause" that will be for the courts to decide. All I'm saying is that what the media has reported thus far is completely LACKING of ANY REAL details as to what ACTUALLY happened. Making any judgements to the situation ignorant and irresponsible.

Of course, we can always create another Treyvon Martin case. Condemn them all. We know what actually happened. The media told us so.

Bloody nonsense.

I read it. Three times, in fact. You told me what you wouldn't be doing.

I asked what prompted them to start firing in the first place. Your post doesn't answer that at all.

And this "courts will decide" BS is just that. If they can't search a vehicle based on certain behavior, what on earth makes you think they have the authority to fire blindly into it?

So once again, what gave them justifiable cause to open fire?

gopurdue02

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 2, 2011
    great shot placement I see too. Also, I can understand why LEO think they need high-cap mags based upon the number of rounds in that truck

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    Bloody nonsense.

I read it. Three times, in fact. You told me what you wouldn't be doing.

I asked what prompted them to start firing in the first place. Your post doesn't answer that at all.

And this "courts will decide" BS is just that. If they can't search a vehicle based on certain behavior, what on earth makes you think they have the authority to fire blindly into it?

So once again, what gave them justifiable cause to open fire?

That statement answered your question because that is what happened which the media isn't telling you.

Whether or not it is "justifiable" will be up to the courts to decide after the investigation. Like it, or not that is our law system.

Last edited:

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    ........So once again, what gave them justifiable cause to open fire?

If this occurred in Indiana, what is the standard to exercise deadly physical force?

IC 35-41-3

To the best of my knowledge, this applies to both LE and non LE. Given the facts as we know them, there is not justification, but there may be mitigating circumstances.

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    #### mitigating circumstances. Why are some of you making excuses for derelict police shootings? There is never an excuse for shooting first and asking questions later--never! This is not a war zone. Even if it were a war zone, the truck I saw had some 40 bullets holes in the BACK of it. You can make up any reason you want, but the failure to identify the target, to identify if the target was armed, and to shoot someone in the back, are all inexcusable failures. These officers should not only be immediately dismissed without pay, but imprisoned for attempted murder, and sued.

WHAT WORSE OFFENSE COULD A COP COMMIT THAN SHOOTING PEOPLE HE IS SUPPOSED TO BE PROTECTING IN THE BACK? Anyone who would try to explain this away is missing their marbles IMO. Shooting innocent citizens is exactly as bad as what the LA murderer is doing, and their only lucky they didn't commit murder just like him.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    #### mitigating circumstances. Why are some of you making excuses for derelict police shootings? There is never an excuse for shooting first and asking questions later--never! This is not a war zone. Even if it were a war zone, the truck I saw had some 40 bullets holes in the BACK of it. You can make up any reason you want, but the failure to identify the target, to identify if the target was armed, and to shoot someone in the back, are all inexcusable failures. These officers should not only be immediately dismissed without pay, but imprisoned, and sued.

WHAT WORSE OFFENSE COULD A COP COMMIT THAN SHOOTING PEOPLE IN THE BACK WITHOUT EVEN KNOWING WHO THEY ARE? Anyone who would try to explain this away is missing their marbles IMO.

I'm not. They violated so many accepted practices, they shouldn't be permitted to carry a weapon for public safety again. But that is a long way from taking somebody's liberty.

Though perhaps we can dispense with a trial, and just move right to execution of sentence. I mean, unless one's constitutionally guaranteed right to due process of law doesn't mean something to you.

Top Bottom