But I thought only the POLICE were worthy of packing heat.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    I'd like to read some articles on that and see. I have trouble believing that some officers would jump out of their cars and just start shooting... especially in today's sue happy world.

You think the newspaper deliverywomen provoked the shooting? Was this taking place in a residential neighborhood? Where did all the bullets impact?

And what was the threat the officers were seeking to terminate through their actions?

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    I don't know, if he really is targeting dirty cops...................................

He also targeted and killed the daughter of his attorney, along with her fiance.

How they played in his scenario is beyond me.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    I'd like to read some articles on that and see. I have trouble believing that some officers would jump out of their cars and just start shooting... especially in today's sue happy world.

You don't think that some scared cops haven't shot first and asked questions later, ever before?

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2009
    Dyer
    So let me get this straight, a liberal minority who loves Obama, Piers Morgan, and Michelle's new do, hates so called "assualt weapons" and is blaming a woman for discrimination has all of the Southern California law enforcement community running around like chickens with their heads cut off? And he is using a gun to do this?

This gives me hope in humanity, well, not really. It gives me hope that when the bonds that hold us together disintegrate like 30 year old model airplane glue things will fall apart very quickly. So quick that I could just fall asleep in a hole in the ground for a couple hours, wake up, and just start over like I just parachuted in.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Something smells. His being fired 4+ years ago seems insufficient to send him off the deep end, assuming he was a rational man. If he weren't rational, such would have been known, particularly within the armed forces where difference and deviations stand out like a sore thumb.

Media would have us believe a completely sane man went nuts from being fired. Something is missing from this story. IMO.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    You think the newspaper deliverywomen provoked the shooting? Was this taking place in a residential neighborhood? Where did all the bullets impact?

And what was the threat the officers were seeking to terminate through their actions?

Ummhh....the officers would not have had to have been personally threatened in this case. They are looking for a armed and dangerous person that has already killed and will most likely kill again. He is a threat to the safety of the public at large and that fact is established. When they run across (and they will) him they are going to shoot him if he runs...as they should.

Remember deadly force is justified in this type of scenario. Plenty of case law to support this fact. Lets just hope that their was more to the truck shooting. Might be and there might not be. We shall see. In a few days or so the authority's will cross paths with the nut job and kill him. He is already screwing up like crazy and is now on the defensive big time. Bet on it.

Last edited:

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Ummhh....the officers would not have had to have been personally threatened in this case. They are looking for a armed and dangerous person that has already killed and will most likely kill again. He is a threat to the safety of the public at large and that fact is established. When they run across (and they will) him they are going to shoot him if he runs.
    The basically shot these women in the back unless they were driving backwards towards the officers and I hope you really do not believe that.

Those few officers that fired on the blue truck with women in seem to be more dangerous to society.

Shoot anything in a truck if it's moving is their criteria?

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Ummhh....the officers would not have had to have been personally threatened in this case. They are looking for a armed and dangerous person that has already killed and will most likely kill again. He is a threat to the safety of the public at large and that fact is established. When they run across (and they will) him they are going to shoot him if he runs.

Please tell me that you didn't just say that the police are justified in gunning down bystanders just because they are hunting for someone they deem dangerous.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow

So officer can fire based on an inchoate threat to the general public, but has no duty to protect any individual citizen? Shouldn't they at least ensure that the target receiving their fusillade is actually the suspect at large?

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Please tell me that you didn't just say that the police are justified in gunning down bystanders just because they are hunting for someone they deem dangerous.
    Judging by his attitudes in previous posts, that's likely what he is saying and attempting to justify. Remember, he refuses to cite fellow officers for their lawlessness, as a matter of course.

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    They were looking for a gray Toyota, not a blue Nissan.

May want to read a story or two.....and maybe see what vehicle was recovered burned out.

Brain fart. Allow me to revise.

They were looking for a gray Nissan, not a blue Toyota.
    Still, one would think the color alone would be a big enough tip off that the two small Latino women in the cab were not the one big black man they were looking for... but hey, that's just me.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana

I see that you are completely unfamiliar with Southern California.:(

Jumping out of their cars would imply that they stop to start shooting.

Dude, it's LA, the wild wild west.

How many incidents do you want?

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    The basically shot these women in the back unless they were driving backwards towards the officers and I hope you really do not believe that.

Those few officers that fired on the blue truck with women in seem to be more dangerous to society.

Shoot anything in a truck if it's moving is their criteria?

Dunno...wasnt there.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    So officer can fire based on an inchoate threat to the general public, but has no duty to protect any individual citizen? Shouldn't they at least ensure that the target receiving their fusillade is actually the suspect at large?

One would sure hope they would be sure of what/whom they were firing on.

Regnar

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    Knox
    Do LEOs' always get re-currency trainning? It's these wild police shoot outs that really concern me. I suppose the unions keep the bar low. IMO

BigShow

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Did any one else notice he talks about having SA-7 manpads to shoot down drones? I looked up what a SA-7 manpad was and it is a hand held SAM like a stinger. Where the heck did he get these or you think he is blowing smoke?

If Dorner is in the mountains and has thought this out, the LEOs could be in for a world of hurt. Boobi traps could be everywhere. And if he has SP-7s oes he have claymores?

Back side of the coin a moment if you will. (Do not agree with what he did, but understand what he did here in a fight against your enemy) Killing the former Captains daughter that acted as his representation in his firing was sick and twisted. But if you want to hurt your enemy do you just kill him and it be over in a moment, or hurt him in away that will mentally hurt him and haunt him for the rest of his life? Cause friction in his family, make his family question what he did to get his daughter killed? See where I am coming from? The V.C. used this tactic to keep village chiefs in line. I am not sick and twisted just have read alot about the V.C..

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Any legit beef this guy had was trashed the moment he chose to kill defenseless innocents. He deserves to die a slow painful death.

Top Bottom