• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Dang! The more I look at that, the worse my INFI fever gets! :faint: I would guess it's missing the lanyard hole to distinguish it from older MOASK's? :dunno:

I'm not sure, the blanks don't have any holes in them, so maybe they either just forgot to do it, or they wanted a way to tell these apart from the others since they haven't been offered in almost 10 years. Busse hasn't made anything lately that excited me, but as soon as I saw this, I knew it must be mine. Wish I had funds to hoard 3 or 4 of them.

I know that ain't no Busse edge on that HG55, you sharpen it already?

DaKruiser

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Morgan Co.
    I'm not sure, the blanks don't have any holes in them, so maybe they either just forgot to do it, or they wanted a way to tell these apart from the others since they haven't been offered in almost 10 years. Busse hasn't made anything lately that excited me, but as soon as I saw this, I knew it must be mine. Wish I had funds to hoard 3 or 4 of them.

Dang, almost 10 years! :faint:

Yeah, it had a -BEEF- sticker on it, he really stepped up his game on this one!

:whistle:

I sharpened it, it's super slicey now, that edge is thinner than it looks.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana

Jerry posted this in October 2006

Jerry Busse said:
    Garth found these blanks in my old knife shop today where they have sat for nearly 10 years!!!!. . . I forgot that I had ever prototyped these monsters out!!! :eek:

There are very few of these blanks and they require tons of hand grinding as they are hand cut on a bandsaw and then ground to profile!!!!. . . They are then completely hand ground all the way to the spine!!!!. . . . The blade of the MOASK is only 2" shorter than the original American Kensei:eek: . . . So, this is more like a Silent Knight Sword!!!!

There are 2 sizes. . . The Magnum MOASK . . . Mother Of All Silent Knights is 19 1/2" OAL Length with a 13 1/2" blade and the Standard MOASK has an 11 1/2" blade!!!!. . .They are over 1/4" thick and "YES" they are INFI ! ! ! !:thumbup:

Jerry

So...if that story is true, and these blanks are from that batch, the ones down at Blade could actually be close to 20 years old already.

At any rate, this is the first time I ever saw any SK or SK variant at any show

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana

rhino wasn't going to say anything.

Yeah, it had a -BEEF- sticker on it, he really stepped up his game on this one!

:whistle:

I sharpened it, it's super slicey now, that edge is thinner than it looks.

rhino still isn't saying anything.

Maybe you Busse guys should send them a Ken Onion WorkSharp and a little note that says, "Please?"

Okay, I said something.

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    Lol I honestly thinkbits the amount of knives they make for the shows. Most mine last year were very sharp but others have just been blah. They just test it on paper and lets be honest you can cut paper with about any edge lol

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    I remember getting my Busse's when Jerry was the one doing most the work including the sharpening. Those were some scary sharp blades. I really think they just put a "working edge" on them now and call it good. I've seen a lot at shows that were ok but not like the days of old. Others could be drawn across anything and not cut it.
    Oh for the good old days.

Bob

bobbystoney

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 3, 2010
    Well, guess I got pics now.

Sorry, didn't take many this year.

First for the good news, for you guys that go to the 1500 every time, you'll notice this knife

Mike has had it for at least 3 years, it's been to KC and a few other shows. Now, here's the good news. WE DON'T HAVE TO LOOK AT IT AGAIN!!!!!!
    Don't be so sure of that. Check out my newest Busse

The rascally thing just won't go away.

DaKruiser

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Morgan Co.
    Nice dude, where are those pictures from? I wish we still had a native population of buffalo here. I would loose interest in whitetail real quick.

Thank you Sir! The top photo is from the upper northeast corner of Yellowstone, just inside Montana. The bison pic is from the east side of lake Yellowstone, in Wyoming, we came around a curve in road and he was right in the middle of our lane, :lmfao:

This one is from good ole Indiana,

DaKruiser

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Morgan Co.
    Top Bottom