• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hammer24

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    What is everybody's experience with these? I'm thinking real hard about getting one for my Ruger mk III target. I really like the improvements that Burris made over the ff2, accessible battery change, 3 moa, and adjustable brightness...and under an ounce! It will be on a .22 and stationarily mounted (no slide), so it won't be taking massive abuse. So, what say INGO?

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    I've acquired two of them and am perfectly pleased. The one I currently have mounted is on a .22 conversion for a 1911 and it does not move either. No issues.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I like it. Only thing is, I need to make a sticker with the button pushes. I can never remember how many times for the brightness.

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Terre Haute
    I have an original mounted on a Sig P226 in .40S&W and it still works awesome. I have a II mounted on the slide of my S&W 2206 (.22lr), and it is great. i have a friend with two IIIs mounted on an AR (5.45x39) and on an FV-SR (.22lr). He won't get anything else.

Customer service from Burris was great for me. I purchased my FF II used, and it would not hold zero. Contacted Burris via email, and got an RMA to return it. One week later a brand new FF II was at my door. No questions asked, and I did make sure to tell them it was used.

I think the IIIs are better then the others, but I am a cheap bastard (no reflection on my parents) so I get the older models.

geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    I've had one mounted on my M&P 40 CORE. It ALMOST co-witnesses, it cuts the sight picture almost in half, but it works fine. I've shot probably 500ish rounds (which included some pretty hot reloads) with it on and I just prefer to use the regular sights. That's no fault of the sight, it's just my preference.

It has stayed zeroed over several hundred rounds and even maintained zero after being removed and reinstalled on the gun.
    Battery life is pretty good, I'm pretty doting in making sure the sight gets turned off and I have yet to replace it.
    It doesn't feel quite as sturdy as something like a trijicon and I'm terrified that I'm going to scratch the lense. But for an all around "micro" size sight I have no complaints given the price point.
    It's like a sore penis, tough to beat.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    I've had the Fast Fire II & III. Both worked great. The II probably saw around 5000 rounds mounted in a Scout configuration on an AK, and the III was primarily used on my 22/45 and FNX Tactical. My only complaint with the III over the II is it sits a little bit higher but barely. In every other regard, I prefer the III.

If your putting it on a Ruger MK pistol, I highly recomend getting the Burris mount for that pistol. It uses the rear sight dovetail and sits much lower than using the weaver style mount.

hammer24

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It's here. My initial impressions are very favorable. The button will take some getting used to. It seems there is either a delay or it changes on the release of a button. It is just different than I'm used to...and tiny! I really like the 3moa dot, the sight picture, and how low it sits compared to any other RDS I've used before. Hope to ring some steel on father's day with it.
    Family photo with the lite.
    IMG_20140614_152217_zpsvufdygzv.jpg

IMG_20140614_184334_zpsc1cwtpfk.jpg

Last edited:
    Top Bottom