• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I have a Franfort Aresnal bullet puller. I'm trying to pull a bullet from one of my .223 reloads. I set it up per the instructions, but it's not working. I'm no scientist, but if the extractor groove is set into the collet. How is that going to pull the bullet. Seeing as the bullet was pressed into the case. Any help would be much appreciated.

45-70

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2008
    Cale
    Tighten the collet and smack the crap out of the head of the puller on something really solid like you would swing a framing hammer. Don't be afraid of breaking it, they're tough.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    Tighten the collet and smack the crap out of the head of the puller on something really solid like you would swing a framing hammer. Don't be afraid of breaking it, they're tough.

Do it on a wood or similar surface. Do it on stone or concrete and you can break it, ask me how I know.

Oh, and USP, the bullet should be inside the thing...

O'Shark

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2011
    Ladoga, IN
    If you used the Lee factory crimp die, it'll be next to impossible to pull a bullet with an inertia bullet puller. It can be done but it's a major pain.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Do it on a wood or similar surface. Do it on stone or concrete and you can break it, ask me how I know.

Oh, and USP, the bullet should be inside the thing...

The primer is facing up through the cap. I have whacked it probably ten times on a piece of wood with no luck. Maybe because I have the wood sitting on top of carpet. I assume it would be safe to sit the wood on concrete?

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    The primer is facing up through the cap. I have whacked it probably ten times on a piece of wood with no luck. Maybe because I have the wood sitting on top of carpet. I assume it would be safe to sit the wood on concrete?

Some bullets can be harder to get out, especially lighter bullets. Keep whacking away and you'll get it off, errr, out. Tighten the cap occasionally, it can loosen.

Last edited:

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Mine is an RCBS and as recommended up thread, smack it on a piece of board, but not concrete. I have a chunk of a wooden block with a piece of carpet glued on top, too...and it works fine. Maybe try a little more force?

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    All these guys are right about hitting a block of wood. I put a small eraser inside to cushion the bullet tip when it comes out.

I have an inertia puller but like my collet puller more.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    +1 for collet puller

All these guys are right about hitting a block of wood. I put a small eraser inside to cushion the bullet tip when it comes out.

I have an inertia puller but like my collet puller more.

^^^this^^^ Much more control with the collet puller in your press and you don't have to worry about deforming the bullet.

Repeated whackage against something solid will eventually unseat the bullet.
    I use concrete but a block of oak is probably easier on the hammer.

Top Bottom