• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2009
    Dyer
    Bug Out Bag 101- A Different Perspective

Building a bug out bag shouldn't start with someone else's list. It should start by learning how to properly build a bag so it contains the essentials YOU need. This introduction to the bug out bag covers the basic method to consider the essential gear you need in your pack.

[video=youtube;h6h5sifEkUI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6h5sifEkUI[/video]

Last edited:

spectre327

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2011
    Seymour, Indiana
    You are right.

I have spent a very large amount of time researching what others placed in their packs for the simple purpose of identifying what should really be in a 72 hour kit, not what I should carry as my needs are vastly different from anyone else's.

Water
    Food
    Fire
    Cordage
    Shelter
    Clothing
    Tools
    Lighting
    Navigation
    Weapons

Those should be the only categories in the pack. However you decide to itemize and whatever you choose to use is based on your own weight capacity, mobility, and financial ability.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    I like the principle based approach rather than a bare list of "stuff." Too many simple lists around.

Another principle I like - assemble your stuff first, THEN pick a container/bag for it - not the other way around.

Top Bottom